Emails to me from all Verizon addresses are being blocked
fredrothenberg
Enthusiast - Level 2

All emails to me from Verizon addresses are being blocked by my ISP Network Solutions...here is the text of the failure message.  Network Solutions says that Verizon needs to call them.  Will this work?

Subject: Fwd: Delivery Notification: Delivery has failed

Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

Recipient address: {edited for privacy}
Reason: Server rejected MAIL FROM address.
Diagnostic code: smtp;553 5.3.0 206.46.173.3 Your message was rejected for possible spam/virus content.Please ask your email provider to visit http://emailadmin.registeredsite.com for resolution.
Remote system: dns;mx-s.myregisteredsite.com (TCP|206.46.173.3|12935|205.178.149.7|25) (inbound.net.registeredsite.com ESMTP SMTP Service [NO SPAM/UCE])

Reporting-MTA: dns;vms173003.mailsrvcs.net (tcp-daemon)
Arrival-date: Sun, 31 May 2015 18:25:28 -0500 (CDT)

Original-recipient: rfc822;{edited for privacy}
Final-recipient: rfc822;{edited for privacy}
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns;mx-s.myregisteredsite.com
(TCP|206.46.173.3|12935|205.178.149.7|25)
(inbound.net.registeredsite.com ESMTP SMTP Service [NO SPAM/UCE])
Diagnostic-code: smtp;553 5.3.0 206.46.173.3 Your message was rejected for
possible spam/virus content.Please ask your email provider to visit
http://emailadmin.registeredsite.com for resolution.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Emails to me from all Verizon addresses are being blocked
fredrothenberg
Enthusiast - Level 2

After several calls it turns out that the ip address that verizon was using had been labeled as one that was used to send inappropriate or large volumes of spam (not mine.)  Now my stuff is using a different ip address and things seem to be working properly.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are talking to PEERS (i.e. customers).  These forums are not a good way to get a response from Verizon as only a few Verizon admins read them, and normally they don't react to things of this sort.

When you say all email do you mean mutliple people or just yourself.  If just you have you scanned for viruses?  Or is this registerable.com saying to you that they are blocking by IP address because of excessive SPAM?

0 Likes
fredrothenberg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for responding.  All e-mails sent by anyone (including me) from a verizon.net account are being blocked by my default ISP Network Solutions.  E-mails sent from any address other than verizon.net get through the system.  I have spoken with Network Solutions and they want verizon to call them to solve the problem.

0 Likes
fredrothenberg
Enthusiast - Level 2

After several calls it turns out that the ip address that verizon was using had been labeled as one that was used to send inappropriate or large volumes of spam (not mine.)  Now my stuff is using a different ip address and things seem to be working properly.

0 Likes