Font Size problem
soapynurse
Enthusiast - Level 1

When composing emails in Verizon webmail, I always change the font size to 16.  I do it more for my comfort.  When I hit the enter key to space down to a new paragraph, I lose the font size down to 12 or 10.  This is very aggravating.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  This also can happen if I space two spaces after a period.

Thanks for your help and have a great Mother's Day weekend.

Alice

Re: Font Size problem
Justin46
Legend

Hi Alice,

Assuming you are using one of Verizon's webmail interfaces, which one are you using - "New" or "Classic"? The reason I ask, as far as I know there is no option in either of the Classic webmail interfaces to set a default font size, but there is an option in the New interface. So if you are using the New interface, why not just set the font size to 16 (or whatever you want) permanently? Just click on the Settings button at the top and change the Default Font to 16 and Save the settings. My testing shows that it keeps the default font size across  Enter keys, etc. You can always override the default setting temporarily for specific sections of an email.

If you are still using the Classic email interface, you can always convert to the New interface. But be aware that there is no option in the New interface to send emails as text messages, they will always be HTML, which some people don't like or can't use because their recipient refuses to accept HTML format emails.

Hope this helps.

Keller, TX 76248

soapynurse
Enthusiast - Level 1

Justin,

You saved the day!!!!  Thanks so much.

Alice

Justin46
Legend

Hi Alice,

You are welcome, glad to hear it helped.

Keller, TX 76248

susierob4

I am having a similar problem. I have the new interface. I set my default font size to 16. However, after I hit "return" or "shift", the font size changes to "48". Then I have to manually highlight and change the size after I am finished.  This is VERY frustrating. Anyone with similar problems or more importantly solutions??? Thanks!!

0 Likes
MarkShadle

I am having the same issue and I'm using the Aurora web browser (formerly FireFox).  Unfortunately, I think it's a browser issue.  I don't have the problem with Microsoft IE nor Google Chrome.  I think the developers of the web mail application need to ensure their application works with all browsers.

0 Likes
GGBS3108

Yes!

My wife is having the same problem on her Dell Vostro 1510 laptop!

Actually, the font changes to point size 48 every time she hits the backspace key ... It only started with the enter key today.

We have called Verizon tech support twice, and they have nothing to offer.

A few months ago, she was using Microsoft Explorer to access her Verizon email, and sometimes when she hit the enter key, the entire window would suddenly disappear, taking her email composition with it!

She called Verizon tech support, and they said, "Uh, it must be Explorer. Switch to Mozilla."

Which she did.

The disappearing email problem was solved, but the crazy backspace / point size problem (and now, the enter key) started.

I have researched this and asked around the various tech forums, etc, and nobody seems to know why this is happening.

I use Verizon email with Safari on my Mac Mini and have never seen this problem there ...

Help!

It is driving us both crazy, and Verizon is not owning up to the problem!

0 Likes
WHYone

I cannot help you but you are not alone. I am having the same problem. Would be nice if Verizon chirped in with a solution. Hint hint

0 Likes
clairzy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Justin,  Thank you so much!  I've had this problem for quite  a while since I

changed to Verizon.  Thank you for solving it!

Clairzy

0 Likes