Forwarded Email from Me to My Wife Rejected As Spam -- This Is Unacceptable
thirteen1
Enthusiast - Level 1

As I usually do, today I tried to forward this week's ad circular from PetSmart to my wife at work, since her office is near the store.  Verizon refused to send it out, calling it spam.  There was some snippy advice about sending the email to an address for examination, which I did, but there was also a notice that I would not be told about what would happen after that, if anything.  I found this needlessly rude and unhelpful.

This spamblock has never happened before.  I presume it has something to do with the changes to the POP settings you had me make last week, and your hazy promise of "added security." 

It is simply not acceptable to me for Verizon to block my email for any reason, much less a single communication with my wife.  I don't do spam, I've never sent spam, I'm not connected in any way with any spammer.  I also find it ironic that Verizon, which not so long ago plagued me with junk calls throughout the day from its call center in the 317 area code, is now blocking my personal emails as spam.

Fix this, please.  Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Forwarded Email from Me to My Wife Rejected As Spam -- This Is Unacceptable
thirteen1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just to follow up: The email from PetSmart that I was told to send to spamdetector.update@verizon.net for review was not delivered by Verizon because -- wait for it -- my email was rejected as spam.

This is insane, so I've given up.  I began looking for alternatives this afternoon.

0 Likes
Followup on Blocked Email
thirteen1
Enthusiast - Level 1

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Was spamdetector.update@verizon.net the only email address when you tried to forward the message? It should go through as long as you didn't change the message and that's the only email address you are sending it to.

This process is not new, in fact it was implemented quite some time ago. You have not seen it until now, because it normally doesn't throw false positives, and you are not a spammer.

I'm certainly not going to argue against an alternative email provider, though. Email from and Email Service Provider is much more likely to be satisfactory than email from an Internet Service Provider that happens to have an email offering. Gmail is free and I've been very happy with it, but there are many alternatives available.

thirteen1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I redirected the email to that address and only that address.  I followed Verizon's instructions exactly.  The bounce notice came about 24 hours after I'd sent them the so-called "spam."

My email needs are minimal, so I haven't thought twice about using Verizon for it -- or, at least, not until now.  I can understand an accidental block to my wife's address, but I can't understand a block to an address where I'm supposed to seek resolution of same.

Thanks very much for your comment.  Gmail is a worthy alternative, and I have a couple of others available to me.

0 Likes