HOW TO SET UP A SUB MAIL ACCOUNT ON AOL AND KEEP VERIZON ADDRESS?
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

I set my wife's email account on aol. not using her password from OUTLOOK 2003. I created a new password for the AOL email server and ALL her emails are coming through Outlook as we wanted and all the test are sucessful. Her Outlook account has pop.verzion.net and smtp.verizon.net HOWEVER it almost sounds like she should have them listed on the OUTLOOK 2003 ACCOUNT as pop.aol.com and smtp.aol.com. As I said everything is coming through and I made the OUTLOOK program the default one so we have all our contacts and OUTLOOK 2003 features etc. I HAVE OUTLOOK 2003 AS HER DEFAULT EMAIL PROGRAM we know the features and contacts etc much better and it allowed us to make it the default email program while AOL IS OUR SERVER.

I am set up my OUTLOOK 2003 the same way using my OUTLOOK 2003 as my default program, using pop.verizon.net and smtp.verizon.net I have a password for the OUTLOOK 2003. I set up my AOL as my server and used a different password FOR my aol account yet everything is going through fine.

0 Likes
Re: HOW TO SET UP A SUB MAIL ACCOUNT ON AOL AND KEEP VERIZON ADDRESS?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

No.  You should continue to use pop.verizon.net for now.  I think some have tried switching to pop.aol.com and that works as well.  Note that pop.verizon.net is an alias for an aol.com server, although a different one then from pop.aol.com.

C:\>nslookup
Default Server:  router.asus.com
Address:  10.0.0.1

> pop.verizon.net
Server:  router.asus.com
Address:  10.0.0.1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    pop-verizonmail.egslb.aol.com
Address:  152.163.35.8
Aliases:  pop.verizon.net

> pop.aol.com
Server:  router.asus.com