How to read entire email in new setup
grace121
Enthusiast - Level 1

With the new Verizon Webmail setup, does anyone know how you can bring up the entire email to read it. With the old webmail setup, I could double click and read the entire email without much scrolling. With the new webmail setup, I only get a few lines and then need to keep scrolling and still I am only able to read 4 or 5 lines at a time. Does anyone else have this problem? What am I missing? Do I need to do something to be able to read the entire email without continually scrolling to read a few lines at a time. Please help! This is so frustrating and the strange thing is, I never signed up for this new setup. Thanks so much! Any help will be appreciated. 

Re: How to read entire email in new setup
Justin46
Legend

@grace12 wrote:

With the new Verizon Webmail setup, does anyone know how you can bring up the entire email to read it. With the old webmail setup, I could double click and read the entire email without much scrolling. With the new webmail setup, I only get a few lines and then need to keep scrolling and still I am only able to read 4 or 5 lines at a time. Does anyone else have this problem? What am I missing? Do I need to do something to be able to read the entire email without continually scrolling to read a few lines at a time. Please help! This is so frustrating and the strange thing is, I never signed up for this new setup. Thanks so much! Any help will be appreciated. 

Double-clicking on an email in the new email version doesn't display the message in a tab by itself so you can view a large number of lines? It does for me.

Based on your description you are using the default Preview Bottom option in the Settings. If you want you can go into the Settings and change the option to List View, which will cause each message to automatically be opened in a tab with only a single click, thus giving you the maximum number of lines available.

To your comment about not having signed up for the new email; Verizon is gradually migrating all webmail customers to the new format. Apparently eventually we will all be migrated whether we want to be or not. You do have some options:

1) Go into the settings and change the defaults in each area to see if maybe you can live with the new version.

2) Consider using some other webmail. There are lots of free email webmails available, you just need to search and find one you like. Gmail is one that a lot of people seem to like.

3) Consider changing to an email client running on your computer. Again there are lots of free clients available, depending on what type of computer you are using, PC or Apple. I happen to like Windows Live Mail on Windows, but some people hate it (just like you do not like the new webmail interface).

So you do have options. But I think that maybe if you customize the new Verizon webmail you may be able to get it set up so that you will be reasonably happy.

Keller, TX 76248