Howto blacklist a domain
spammed1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I'm trying to add a domain to the Block Senders list but it refuses to accept all formats; *.cz .cz @*.cz

The webpage does say that it is possible to block domains but it gives NO useful suggestions on the accepted format. Has anyone been able to blacklist a domain using the Black Sender webpage?

Thanks.

Re: Howto blacklist a domain
Justin46
Legend

@spammed wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to add a domain to the @Block Senders list but it refuses to accept all formats; *.cz .cz @*.cz

The webpage does say that it is possible to block domains but it gives NO useful suggestions on the accepted format. Has anyone been able to blacklist a domain using the Black Sender webpage?

Thanks.

Yes. Just enter: cz.com or cz.net or whatever you need.

Keller, TX 76248

Hubrisnxs
Legend

Once your in your email for the new version of the verizon webmail click on settings > email settings > blocking and then like the other poster said just enter the info after the @ symbol.

the website mentions it as so:

You can also block an email address or a domain (the part of an email address after the @ sign).

spammed1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the tip but it still does not accept plain old 'cz'. I want to block all .cz domains.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

try *.cz.com   the star indicates kind of a wildcard meaning all domains that have or contain xyz....  

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

So you're trying to block mail from any Czech domain? The Block Senders list isn't really designed for ccTLD blocking, from what I can tell. You could block, say, website.cz, but not *.cz.

You might have better luck setting up a filter: If From contains .cz then automatically delete.