I had this problem November 27-29, I got a ton of black friday sale emails for one day sales on the 28th on the 29th. when I looked at them they all had been sent over 24 hours prior to when I got them. I contacted verizon support through online chat and they said yes it was an issue, could not tell me when it would be fixed but it would be fixed w/in 24 hours. They told me it would not be on a system outage page b/c it would be fixed w/in 24 hours.
since then I've noticed some delays in some emails but none more than a couple of hours.
Today I got an email for a sale that had already passed so I looked to see when it was sent, it was sent yesterday but I did not get it until today. Then I looked at other emails. I found a few that were sent yesterday that arrived today, then I found one that was sent Wednesday morning that I received this afternoon.
As far as I can tell it is random. It is only some emails, not all, and it's not always the same senders.
both. when it happened on thanksgiving weekend I was just doing it through my outlook, that is when the verizon rep said that there was an issue w/ the email on the verizon side and that it would be resolved soon. I've since started checking on both places and its not getting to me at all until much later.
The email header is showing that it left the last non-verizon server at one time and then the verizon server isn't receiving it for up to 2 days later, in some cases it's been more than 2 days. From the forums and a lot of searching I've done on the internet, it is not just affecting me and it's not just one sender that it is affecting.