Re: Verizon Email (no imap)
rjc33558
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree, it is time for VZ to offer IMAP. I have to manage email on both iPhone and Outlook. Waste of time...

Re: IMAP Please
tinsmon
Enthusiast - Level 1
I'll add another voice requesting IMAP implementation. As has previously been mentioned, I view my Verizon email at home via Outlook, at work via Webmail and on the go via my Smartphone. Using IMAP would allow me to view the same email in all three places including sub-folders, deletions and sent items and to have all those things automatically synchronized. Trying to manage all this using just POP is a serious pain. And, it's unnecessary. The only reason to use POP is to force users to get their email off the servers because you do not want to allocate much storage space for email. Verizon is already allowing a generous quota for email storage on their servers. Now they just need to implement the correct protocol to allow for it's usage.
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

This suggestion has already been posted but maybe post this again under "share your ideas with verizon" here on the forums board.  It is found under Verizon Idea Exchange.  Maybe ask a status update on this idea.

Jim

0 Likes
photohaus1
Enthusiast - Level 1

How 'bout it Verizon??

Are you going to offer imap or not?  Just tell us, yes or no, and give us a date.  You are now selling iPhones, iPad services and other syncing type products.  Yet your email technology is antiquated. Why? 

I like the idea of having an iPad, iPhone and internet service from one provider.  But you are making the choice to commit very difficult.

Your customers are talking...are you listening?

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

At http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/IMAP-e-mail/idi-p/238138

Don't forget to vote, if you haven't already.

@photohaus1 wrote:

How 'bout it Verizon??

Are you going to offer imap or not?  Just tell us, yes or no,

Current status from that Link above.

We have strategically chosen POP3 Email architecture to minimize storage costs. Please know that each master email account has 2GB of storage and if the user does not POP their email, the email is accessible from anywhere with internet access via myverizon.com.

So, as far as I can tell.

The answer is no.

0 Likes
storagemaster1

Because storage halves in cost every 18 months and is cheaper and runs in the opposite direction of inflation!

0 Likes
djb5
Contributor - Level 3

So, I guess the only two options for people with verizon.net email and who have iPhones and/or iPads are to switch from verizon.net or be totally unable to synch their email. I've been happy with verizon.net, but love my i-devices and not willing to give them up. But multiple places to update status of emails is definitely not viable. I'm soooo disappointed; just got an iPad and only then realized what a hassle this would be. (and yes, I did see the post about voting and placed my vote).

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@djb wrote:

So, I guess the only two options for people with verizon.net email and who have iPhones and/or iPads are to switch from verizon.net or be totally unable to synch their email. I've been happy with verizon.net, but love my i-devices and not willing to give them up. But multiple places to update status of emails is definitely not viable. I'm soooo disappointed; just got an iPad and only then realized what a hassle this would be. (and yes, I did see the post about voting and placed my vote).

It's not just Apple devices. It's any smartphone or tablet, even if you just have more than one pc. You cannot sync email completely across multiple devices on any platform unless Verizon implements IMAP.

0 Likes
jpbriant
Enthusiast - Level 2
We all need Imap !
0 Likes