June 28 and 29 Email Outage and send/receive issues
PaulAndMuttley
Enthusiast - Level 3

Starting about 4:00 PM EDT I started getting errors when I tried to get emails from the verizon server. The outgoing emails seem to be getting through and I can receive emails on my other account. The error message says:

Server mail.verizon.net protocol POP3 Server Response -ERR [SYS/TMP] Service temporarily unavailable, Port 110, Secure (SSL): No, Server Error 0x800CCC90, Error Number 0x800CCC92.

When the request times out there is an error message requesting username and password, but entering them does not help. The popup message to repair email goes into Verizon In-Home Agent which is less than useless because it reports that it cannot obtain an internet connection and asks about resetting the wireless router. That's when it works at all. Sometimes the application just hangs up and I have to close the window.

If this IS a temporary interruption I wish there would be a web page where status could be seen and updated when service is restored.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to view emails / problems with login
dalejr88fan

I am having the same issue.  I just switched to FiOS on Friday, so I thought that it was just me having issues accessing my email at work, since I'd never done it before.  If you figure out what is going on, please post!

0 Likes
bfritz

I'm also having the same problem.  My outlook is now asking for a password and my existing password to SMTP or POP3 is not working.

0 Likes
XuhQshinR

Welcome to Verizon Live Chat. You have selected to chat about:

Subject: Can't Send/Rcv Email
 Question: Are the email servers down?

Myself and several others can not receive email today.

19:59:35 A Verizon Service Representative will be with you shortly. Thank you.
 20:00:10 Agent Ahmad has joined.
 20:00:10 Ahmad : Chat ID for this session is**************

Ahmad: Thank you for contacting Verizon DSL Technical Support. My name is Jamil and I am the technical support analyst assigned to help you. Please stay online for a few moments while I review the information generated by your trouble ticket.

Ahmad: I really apologize for this inconvenience caused to you. However, we have checked and found that there is an issue with Verizon server, and hence you are not able to access the Verizon mails, Smiley Sad

We have put this issue on high priority and our Engineers are working on it. We are hoping that it would be resolved soon.

Your kind cooperation is needed.

0 Likes
HenryTheJ

i lost E-mail this afternoon. I called and after much interacting with the Robot System, I heard that Verizon was experiencing problems. Is there a way to check out E-mail system status on-line?

0 Likes
WrestlingTerp

Same problem.  Lost e-mail around 5:00 pm and can't get webmail either.

0 Likes
Re: Can't receive email - Server down?
jfkbike

Me too. Wants password which results in another request. Servers appear to be out. 

0 Likes
timudel

This is the 2nd time this has happened in like 2-months.  Come on Verizon, we pay good money for your services.....get some servers that can handle the workload!

0 Likes
PaulAndMuttley
Enthusiast - Level 3

I finally was able to get so far as to recive a message back from Verizon Central when I attempted to log on:

Maintenance Announcement

We are currently working to enhance the performance of Verizon Central. Thank you for your patience

while we are making these updates.

We apologize for the inconvenience; Please check back later.

"That's all she wrote!"

0 Likes
Ladybard

Still down for anyone else? I was able to pull e-mail down via iPhone up until about 4:30 p.m. Nothing since.

0 Likes