Re: June 28 and 29 Email Outage and send/receive issues
mobadia

My email has been out since last nite at 7pm... I use Windows Mail and have a verizon.net email address... so according to their earlier email messages, I was not supposed to be affected by the change... Yah right!!

0 Likes
Re: June 28 Email Outage: Can't receive email - Server down?
mobadia

Where in Florida are you? I'm in Tampa and I still can't access my email via Windows Mail... This SUCKS!!

0 Likes
Re: June 28 Email Outage: Can't receive email - Server down?
hopemorr

I'm in Brooklyn and haven't been able to get my email on my computer since last night.  The iPhone gets it all.  I keep getting message "enter network Password" - it does no good and keeps looping.  Very frustrating!

0 Likes
bfritz

Same issue since Sunday.  Does Verizon even recognize there is an issue here with the emails?

I'm in SoCAL and pop3 or smtp doesn't except my passwords.

No online help by Verizon?

0 Likes
TonySoprano
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just spent 25 minutes on the phone with Verizon tech. They say it was resolved, but mine still does not work in California. They reset my password and now they have a ticket on it. <fwiw>

0 Likes
RichTJ99

My outgoing email is still not working. 

Can anyone help confirm my settings are correct (for outgoing):

outgoing.verizon.net

username {edited for privacy}

password: 123

Outgoing port 587

Is that what its supposed to be?

Thanks,

Rich

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Your outgoing mail server is correct but you must indicate:   My outgoing server required authentication. You will use the same settings as the incoming mail server.  You should still use port 25 for the vz mail server.

0 Likes
jadzia007
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still having issues today. Been having them for about three days now. Can't access webmail from several computers. This sucks

0 Likes
bfritz

Got through to live chat and they gave me a copy and paste response to this problem; here is a clip from the chat I had with verizon support:

Randy: I do apologize for the inconvenience but at this time there does appear to be intermittent issues with our email servers and certain Verizon websites. Our engineers are aware of the issue and are working to resolve this at this time. Unfortunately, as of now, there is not an ETR when this will be resolved.

Bob: What do you recommend I do? Will I be notified when this problem is resolved? or should I just keep checking my email.

Randy: Unfortunately, I could only suggest to check occasionally until this issue is cleared

So I'm still checking and still not working going on 4 days straight.

0 Likes
bfrederi1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ever since it came back here in the Boston area, it's been slow, slow, slow.

I didn't think they could possibly make this sorry excuse of a mail client any worse than it already was, but they really appear to have managed it.

0 Likes