I'm running OS X 10.11.5 (El Capitan) and for about 2 months now the Mail app has stopped working with a bad password message from pop.verizon.net. error = "Unable to verify account name or password"
Yes, I CAN authenticate using netmail.verizon.net and it works fine. I have:
- Deleted the Mail account, cleaned out the keychain values.
- Used different formatting of my username <name> <name>.@VERIZON.NET
- Verified all of the server names/ports and security SSL config stuff and sucessfully pinged them.
- Deleted the mail account from the OS X Settings panel and tried to recreate.
- Even tried the old pop servers of incioming.verizon.net
What drives me CRAZY as this was working for YEARS until about 2 months ago. I've seen and followed the plethora of community pages which just indicate the server name, port, etc....
I'm not married to the MAC OS X Mail client as I even tried Thunderbird after being on the phone with Verizon Tech Support for 2 hours. We never could get it working and I needed to run out.
Does anyody have any ideas or can they reccommend a Mail client that I could use? I'm so tired of going through the browser and all of that typing.