Maximum number of recipients
keitthgard

How many addresses can I send one email to on Fios (using mac.com mail) without the email being considered spam?

0 Likes
Re: Maximum number of recipients
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Verizon's Email Policy states:

The following limits apply with respect to the sending of e-mail from your verizon.net e-mail account. These rules are in place in order to help fight spam (i.e., unsolicited e-mail). For more information on Verizon Online's efforts to fight spam, please see the Verizon Online Anti-Spam Policy at http://www2.verizon.net/policies.

• You may not include more than 100 recipients in a single email. Messages will not be sent to any recipients in excess of 100.
  • You may not exceed 500 recipients in 1 hour. Exceeding 500 recipients in 1 hour will result in the suspension of your ability to send email for 24 hours. This does not affect your ability to receive email.

But if you are getting an error that "The message you are attempting to send was determined to be spam..." then it's not the number of recipients causing it, but the content of the message. See http://www.verizon.net/spamfaq for more information.

Re: Maximum Number of Recipients
CPCWNSK

Understand their reasoning but what about  a Fios business account?  My wife had Fios installed in her school and needs to send out emails to her school families, which number more than 100.  Does Verizon make an exception in these cases or is she forced to break the list into two and send out the same message twice?  If so, NOT customer friendly, which equates to trying to get an answer from at the Verizon website; par for the course.

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

its actually all the same.... no more than 100 per email and 500 emails per hour for a total of 12,000 emails in 24 hours

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Techman28 wrote:

its actually all the same.... no more than 100 per email and 500 emails per hour for a total of 12,000 emails in 24 hours

Some business accounts are different.  Depends on what they PAY for.

Techman28
Master - Level 1

when using verizon webmail that goes for everyone there is no class difference in that regards.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

OP didn't mention Webmail.  I personally only use Webmail to check if the verizon filters caught any of valid mail as spam.  I count on eMail clients.

Businees clients and organizations with lots of people to mail to would be unlikely to be using Webmail.

0 Likes
Re: Maximum number of recipients
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes