Open an account
Do some research
Google this: transferring from aol to gmail
Below info might be one of the things that you want to be aware of.
ADDING LABELS to Gmail
NOTE: Gmail does not have “FOLDERS”
LABELS are what I know as FOLDERS
Labels help you organize your messages into categories -- work, family, to do, read later, jokes, recipes, any category you want. Labels do all the work that folders do, but with an added bonus: you can add more than one to a message.
Only you can see your labels, so whether you mark a message with "Best friend" or "Read later," the sender will never know.
Create a label
Here's how to create a label that you can add to any of your messages:
- On the left side of the page, click Moreat the bottom of your labels list. (If you don't see "More," grab the gray dividing line with your cursor and drag it down to show more labels.)
- Click Create new label.
- Type the name of your new label and click Create.
You can also create a new label for a message in your Inbox by selecting the box next to the message, clicking the Labelbutton above your message list, and then clicking Create new.
Apply your label
You can add a label to your messages in several ways:
- When viewing your Inbox, select the checkbox next to those messages, click the Labels button, and click the label you want. (Or check the boxes next to several labels and click Apply.)
- When viewing a message, click the Labelsbutton to add a label to the message. You can also click and drag a label from the left side, and drop it on the message.
- When writing a new message, click More options in the bottom right corner of the compose window, click Label, and then select one of your labels.
When you add a label to a conversation, it only applies to the messages already in that conversation – not to messages sent after you applied the label. When you search for labeled messages, you'll see any messages that match the label, along with their conversation thread. However, you won't be able to search for an individual message in the thread that doesn't have that label.
Please study this from :
GMAIL HELP IMPORT AND FORWARD EMAILS
If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to let all of us know and click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.