Moving to new address that does not have fios how or can I keep my verizon.net email addresses
dennis0171

Hi Everyone,

I am moving and Fios is not offered in my new home. Is it possible to keep my familys email addresses from verizon that we have used for the past 6 years?  I have so many accounts on the address and if not is there a period where I can still access to make sure that I have switched all over to a new email if I cannot keep it?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Moving to new address that does not have fios how or can I keep my verizon.net email addresses
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your in luck.  They changed it so that as long as you keep using it (pulling email at least once in every six months) you can keep it.  Note however they are planning (or at least were before yahoo purchase) to move the email  to AOL.com(a Verizon company).  When that happens you will have a limited time to login to the AOL.com site (USING EXISTING EMAIL ID) to claim your email or you will lose all your email.  You will be asked some questions and requested to chose a new password (although if you want you can chose the same one you were using.

Note after you move to AOL you can continue to use the same POP/SMTP settings you are currently using but will have to logon to http://mail.aol.com to use web access.

0 Likes