Need help removing our IP address from the verizon e-mail blacklist
angus_lofi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Verizon Online Security staff,

as we did not receive any replies to the e-mails we sent to whitelist@verizononline.net and abuse@verizon.net, I'm trying to contact you here. And yes, I used a public esp as our own mail server is on your blacklist 😉

We received the following reply to our application for the verizon whitelisting:

Your IP has been blocked because of spam issues or because your ISP indicates that it is dynamically assigned

Neither is our SMTP server's IP address dynamically assigned, nor is it currently listed in any blacklists we are aware of (http://multirbl.valli.org/). This mail server has been operating from this IP address since 2009 without any major spam related issues.

When trying to send an e-mail to the verizon, our mail.log shows the following error message:

544D4ADA184 2857 Thu Jan 7 01:19:17 our@email.address
(host outbound.bizmailsrvcs.net[206.46.232.21] refused to talk to me: 550-Email from OUR.IP.ADDRE.SS is currently blocked by Verizon Online's anti-spam 550-system. The email sender or Email Service Provider may visit 550 http://www.verizon.net/whitelist and request removal of the block. 160107)
whitelist@verizononline.net

We would really appreciate if you could escalate this problem to someone who can help.

Thank you very much.

Best regards

A. Thermophyle

0 Likes
Re: Need help removing our IP address from the verizon e-mail blacklist
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi angus_lofi,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.