Re: No response from - pop.verizon.net - or - smtp.verizon.net -
BudPalChief
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I'd sure like to know how you got to talk to someone that knows about this issue...!

I sent the following to abuse@verizon.net on Friday, but haven't heard anything back from them...

Subject: Can't access POP server via Outlook
To: abuse@verizon.net

Hi Email Team,

I hope you can help me...

On Sept 17th, my Outlook for my omitted@verizon.net address stopped working.  For the first few days, I was not able to get to WebMail either, but obviously I can now.

I've spent countless hours with Verizon support checking my Outlook setting, resetting my password and trying to get my ISP whitelisted.

Brief history: I had FiOS service in Texas, but moved to a location that Verizon doesn't serve.  I kept my Verizon.net email that I've had for 17 years.  The problem with this is when I call support, I can only get to DSL support or FiOS support and to them, I don't even exist because all I have now is my email and a wireless account.

I've heard rumor that your pop servers were being hacked and that you had blocked access to ISP's that were not provided by Verizon.

My IP address is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and my ISP is through Salina/Spavinaw Telephone company in Salina, OK, but I'm sure they outsource to someone else.

Can you help me???  Been without Outlook for 23 days now and I sure miss it!
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

First if you are a VERIZON/YAHOO user look at the sticky about adding @verizon.net to your userid.

Next try using the FIOS app, if you have it, to see if it can retrieve email.  If it can then you have a config problem that you should be able to correct with some help from your peers here.

If you still have a problem you may need to have you ip or Entire ISP whitelisted.  You can try the normal CONTACT US options, the abuse@verizon.net, or you can also PM one of the Admins on this board and they will help get you connected to the right party.

0 Likes
sbhtax
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called tech support and asked them to research the Verizon email server problem. I then asked them to set up a repair ticket to check my IP ( I gave it to them)address to see if it was restricted. If so, please have them release the restriction. The repair ticket was attached to my account and I was able to monitor its progress. After 24 hours the repair ticket status indicated IP address was clear. My email was then back to normal. No settings on my computer needed to be changed. Don't let the Verizon reps tell you they can't do it. If they do, ask for a supervisor. Don't get off the line until you have the repair ticket number.

To find your individual IP address, type in "what is my IP address" in the address bar of your browser. (omit quotes).

limarie1
Enthusiast - Level 3

taxman23, do you have verizon as your ISP? I'm on w/tech support now and he's telling me he can't open a repair ticket because I don't have a verizon account (I only have verizon email/verizon domain). Don't you have Time Warner as your provider, too?

0 Likes
limarie1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Finally got tech support to open a repair ticket (he calls it a trouble ticket), but still insists there's nothing to attach it to, because I don't have an account. Tried the whitelist link request again, and at least I have the number of a document to call back on.

Thanks everyone for sharing information. You do have to insist and insist that it's a problem with the IP address being blocked. I made this tech support person read practically every post, so that's helpful.

Still unbelievable that verizon can't communicate to its entire support team about this problem and save everyone a lot of time. 

I'll keep you posted...

0 Likes
sbhtax
Enthusiast - Level 3

limarie, I have a Verizon account at my office but a TWC account at my home. I access my Verizon account from home thrugh outlook. The trouble ticket was attached to my office account. Hope this makes sense. Good luck!

limarie1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks taxman--that helps. I don't have a verizon account so nothing to attach the ticket to, but I have the number and I can reference it when calling back. Which maybe (please please please) I won't have to do. We'll see. 

0 Likes
mattcar

I have this same problem everyone else is having since September.  I can access my verizon email using outlook from verizon fios network or from LTE on my iphone but not from my time warner home network.  I chatted with Jagadish on live chat and asked to free the restriction on my IP address and he indicated he would forward it to the email team so I'll see how this works.  It seems time warner uses dynamic IP addresses though, so I'm not sure how this is going to work. 

0 Likes
limarie1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hallelu hallelu hallelu halleluiah...praise ye the Lord! 

So excited, my Sunday School teacher self is in high gear. Email is back! Jithesh (the support tech who wrote my trouble ticket, thank  you taxman123 and others for getting to the bottom of the blacklist problem) even called to tell me/make sure. I didn't even have my apple mail open--but hit the button and look! Lovely little red notification circle instead of grey exclamation point! 

I hope everyone is now able to get this solved. And I know we've all been frustrated-to-infuriated at the lack of communication from verizon on this issue, but I will say again I had many techs who were as frustrated as I was and did their best. Do insist insist insist that you need a trouble ticket open, like taxman123 says. Point them to the forums. Read them the posts. And if you're lucky, you'll get Jithesh. 

Thanks again to everyone for posting with pointers, leads, solutions, and just moral support.

0 Likes
BudPalChief
Enthusiast - Level 3

Must be nice!  I'm happy for you, but my latest is that they say my IP address is not blocked...  Still have hope, but it's fading fast.  Will try the trouble ticket versus email.

0 Likes