Not receiving verizon email on windows phone
gaetty1116
Newbie
I just stopped receiving email from my Verizon account 3 days ago for no apparent reason.
0 Likes
Reply
10 Replies
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@gaetty1116 wrote:
I just stopped receiving email from my Verizon account 3 days ago for no apparent reason.

This is a peer-to-peer support forum. We're going to need a bit more information if we're going to help.

Are you getting any errors?

Are you able to send/receive mail from webmail with that account?

What settings (without username or password) are you using?

0 Likes
Reply
gaetty1116
Newbie
I get no error message. I am receiving into my Live and Comcast accounts. I can also send from my verizon.net account. My incoming settings are: incoming.verizon.net:995:0. Outgoing: outgoing.verizon.net:465:0.
0 Likes
Reply
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@gaetty1116 wrote:
I get no error message. I am receiving into my Live and Comcast accounts. I can also send from my verizon.net account. My incoming settings are: incoming.verizon.net:995:0. Outgoing: outgoing.verizon.net:465:0.

You need to update to the newer server settings. You can go here for a full breakdown, but the new server names are pop.verizon.net and smtp.verizon.net - the old servers are going to stop working.

0 Likes
Reply
bruteforce1
Enthusiast - Level 3

somegirl,

verizon is not gonna stop using the incoming and outgoing some phones will only work on those settings. i just tried those settings on windows mail they work fine.

0 Likes
Reply
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@bruteforce wrote:

somegirl,

verizon is not gonna stop using the incoming and outgoing some phones will only work on those settings. i just tried those settings on windows mail they work fine.


Verizon disagrees. The timing may be slow (Verizon is historically slow turning things off), but they are going to go away.

bruteforce1
Enthusiast - Level 3
@bruteforce wrote:

somegirl,

verizon is not gonna stop using the incoming and outgoing some phones will only work on those settings. i just tried those settings on windows mail they work fine.


Verizon disagrees. The timing may be slow (Verizon is historically slow turning things off), but they are going to go away.

somegirl,

until those settings get turned off i do not believe verizon nor you.when the settings get turned off the customers will get a error. if the settings work no need to update to pop and smpt.

0 Likes
Reply
gaetty1116
Newbie
This is so frustrating. I have changed to the following: Pop.verizon.net:995:0 Smtp.verizon.net:465:0 Require ssl for incoming and outgoing mail. I can send but not receive. I have changed to every setting suggested. What now?
0 Likes
Reply
Alayton
Newbie

I have a Samsung galaxy 4 and also having the exact same issue. My settings are all correct and it still isn't working. I have tried shutting my phone on and off as well so I don't know what it is that isn't working. Any help is much appreciated! I can send messages but can't receive them.

0 Likes
Reply
mcmarbear
Newbie

I have changed  to the new settings on my windows and I can not recieve or send anythin. 

0 Likes
Reply
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@mcmarbear wrote:

I have changed  to the new settings on my windows and I can not recieve or send anythin. 


Are you getting any errors?

Are you able to send/receive mail from webmail with that account?

What settings (without username or password) are you using?

0 Likes
Reply