Outlook 2003 won't send mail
JD3rd

Everything seems to check out fine, but the last step fails. I sent myself an email from my Yahoo account and it came thru.

I used the port 995/465 and pop/smtp servers per this VZ link.. can anyone suggest what this problem may be?

http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/fiosinternet/email/setup+and+use/questionsone/...

0 Likes
Re: Outlook 2003 won't send mail
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

THIS IS HOW MY DELL 6500 Latitude is set up

settings as of May 26 2013 7:15 am

incoming.verizon.net    POP/SMTP (Default)

My Name       incoming Mail Server (POP3):     pop.verizon.net

My e-mail       Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP):  smtp.verizon.net

MY user Name

MY Password  Remember PWD

in More Settings---   Outgoing Server--- My Outgoing Server Requires authentication

Use same settings as my incoming mail server

Connection---Connect Using my local area network (LAN)

Advanced

Incoming Server (POP3)    995

this server requires an encrypted connection

Outgoing Server (SMTP)   465

this server requires an encrypted connection

USING  Outlook 2003 (11.8330.8341) SP3

Part of Microsoft Office Professional Edition  2003

followed exactly the script that you were using  to set up your email

PASSED ALL TESTS WITH NO PROBLEMS 

got this email 5-26-2013 7:23 am

This is an e-mail message sent automatically by Microsoft Office Outlook's Account Manager while testing the settings for your POP3 account.

Please note that I live in Bergen County NJ   ---- location,time of day ,sometimes are considerations

PLEASE POST WHEN YOU RESOLVE PROBLEM Tell all of us how you fixed it.

0 Likes
JD3rd

Hi Tom, thanks for the response. I have everything set up EXACTLY as in that link, so I'm not sure what the problem is at all. I also tried without my ZA anti-virus running, nothing. Looks like I'll have to get on the phone with someone, not looking forward to that.

Rgds,

Joe

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi Joe:

You might want to look at the Forum Postings below yours a bit called New POP and SMTP routes down.

Looks like this kind of problem is LOCATION DEPENDENT.

0 Likes
Realp

Same problem while using the "E-mail Address" setting as MyEmail (xxxxxxx). Once I changed the E-mail Address to MyEmail@verizon.net, alll completed OK.

Hope this helps.

@JD3rd wrote:

Everything seems to check out fine, but the last step fails. I sent myself an email from my Yahoo account and it came thru.

I used the port 995/465 and pop/smtp servers per this VZ link.. can anyone suggest what this problem may be?

http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/fiosinternet/email/setup+and+use/questionsone/...

0 Likes