Re: Problems with email after signing up for 'keep my email'
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ctcpac,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close out the private message. If you still need help with your emails and My Domain or ever need help with anything else, let us know in a new public post.

Thank you,
-Jeramy

0 Likes
FLtoMO

I have read the previous messages re: problems with email after signing up for "keep my email"  and am having very similar issues.  I can't seem to get the proper assistance by calling verizon and am hoping that by posting this, I can get resolution to my problem:

I was a long-time verizon customer in Florida and was moving to Missouri (no verizon service).  I wanted to keep my verizon emails for some period of time and after doing some research found out I could go to keepmyemail.com & pay $20 to keep my verizon emails for a year.  I was told by verizon to do that in advance of disconnecting my service which I did on 12-5-13.  I requested disconnect on 12-18-13.  Unfortunately, once my service was disconnected, I lost access to my verizon email addresses & immediately called verizon.  Here's where my huge frustration factor actually began:  I confirmed with verizon's your domain support that my "keep my email" account was good - they told me that they weren't really verizon & that I would need Tech Spt to re-establish my email addresses.  After being transferred around abit, I got to the correct Tech Spt but they couldn't see any info or do any work for me because my account was closed.  The work-around was to re-activate service & then call back the next day, ask them to re-establish my email addresses & then close the recently re-activated account.  I followed those instructions, got my emails back up on 12-19-13 but when I called to close that new account, my emails were lost again on 12-23-13.  Back to the same frustrating phone calls, holds, transfers, explaining my situation many, many times.  I got my emails re-established on 12-24-13 with the second re-activation & am now calling back to get my account disconnected.  The verizon your domain support folks can see my account info & tell me it's all good.  The other verizon folks are having trouble with what steps need to be taken to ensure I don't lose my email addresses again.  I also don't want to pay for the extra charges associated with the two additional re-activations and couple of days of service for each of them.  I'm hoping this current phone call today (12-31-13) to disconnect the second re-activation but keep my email addresses takes care of the problem (typing this while I'm on hold); the person who's helping me now seems to understand the issue!

I'm writing this to let verizon know what a mess this is ... and so maybe other customers won't have the same problems!

0 Likes
FLtoMO

I had great hopes when I posted yesterday  - I was on hold trying to get my issue resolved and had a very professional individual who appeared to understand the issue and that my account needed to have the "Broadband Essentials and Extras" before being disconnected to ensure my email were maintained - but for a third time, my emails were lost when she disconnected my account.  I can no longer call back and request assistance - every time the solution has been to re-activate service since the Tech Spt folks can't fix this issue when there is no account for them to "see" - while the Your Domain Support folks tell me that "all is good" and my account is up.  Please have a Verizon Agent contact me as soon as possible.

This has cost me so much time on the phone ... time away from work ... email addresses that I paid to have for the additional year per Verizon's instruction.  I've spoken to numerous Verizon customer service representatives who don't know which department should be taking care of this - some who are polite & professional and others who abruptly put me on hold and/or transfer me when I request a supervisor. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello FLtoMO

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello FLtoMO,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. If you still need help with your Keep My Email or ever need anything else, please let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,
-Jeramy

0 Likes
FLtoMO

I did get contacted by Verizon in response to my post & had a live chat where I provided all the specific information they needed.  They indicated that they would take my case for action & I do now have access to my email addresses.  Unfortunately, I also have several bills for the two 're-activation' accounts that I was required to set up when I was trying to correct this problem by calling in. I no longer desire to call & try to get anything corrected - I would like someone to contact me again & resolve the bills that have been sent to me; one is for $66.25; the other is for $114.90.  I was told that there would be no actual charges due for the accounts that had to be re-set up.  Thank you.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

We have reopened your private support case.  Please follow the instructions above to access your case and interact with the support agents.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

MJCOZ,

We have closed your private support thread out due to you no longer responding. We hope you were able to get your issue taken care of through another avenue. We did successfully enable the email accounts. You next had an issue with the password. We hope you were able to get this taken care of. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help. 

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
trayc1

I am also having problems. I signed up for Keep My Email at the end of August, 2013. I cancelled my FiOS service and everything was been fine, til a month or so ago. My entire Inbox was deleted. I lost over 100 emails. I called Verizon, was transferred several times, given several other numbers to call, etc. It seems because I no longer have active Verizon service no-one can help me. I was told to contact My Domain, they referred me back to Verizon email support. After losing several hours of my life, I gave up. Well, it happened again this weekend. I lost my entire inbox again. Everything prior to noon on 4/19/14 is gone.  As you can imagine, some of these emails are/were VERY important. I should not have to save every email to another folder for fear of them being deleted! Can someone PLEASE help!

Trayc

0 Likes
rengarcia7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to Copy and Paste the exact same complaint you experienced and post it as my own! I am currently going through the same exact experience and it is yet to be resolved. It seems that KeepMyEmail and Verizon are definitely not on the same page. This whole procedure has been made entirely way too complicated than it should be. I am not exagerating when I say that I have spent close to 6-8 hours on the phone (having to take vacation days from work) with various people much the same way you have done. I'm currently paying $49.00 to keep my Verizon account just to be able to keep my email accounts working. This was at the suggestion of technical services after my KeepMyEmail account never kept my accounts. I lost access and lost all email on the server. THANK GOD! It was recovered after I re-up'ed with Verizon. I am completely frustrated! I will try this all over again in just a while. Wish me good luckSmiley Frustrated

0 Likes