Request Whitelist of IP For Mail Server
xxbryantd

Im attempting to use sms email gateway to send out alerts to first responders, but it seems as though Verizon is either blocking the alerts or slowing them down to where people arnt getting them until 10-15 mins into a call, which is not a good things. Im looking to see if you can whitelist the ip address of my email server, or whitelist the email address that is used to send them out.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Request Whitelist of IP For Mail Server
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the community.  You're talking to other users here.  If you want to ask Verizon a question, you need to use their support channels.  You may also find their social media support helpful; you can reach them by DM'ng them on Facebook or tweeting @Verizonsupport.

That said, you may not need need a business plan. 

What may be helpful is to know that Verizon does block port 25, as most residential ISPs do.  I'm pretty sure it's outbound only.

I also want to say that if you're trying to stand up a permanent, reliable service, running it over a residential ISP may not be the best idea (regardless of the ISP).  The SLAs on residential accounts are typically inconsistent with the service levels needed by professional services.  If this is intended to be more than an experiment or a  safety critical system, I'd consider cloud hosting it on something with the SLAs that match your needs.  You should know the usual suspects, AWS, GCP, Azure, Digital Ocean, ...

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have a business subscription?

xxbryantd

Not currently. what do I need to do to obtain a business subscription, and what the general cost of it.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have a residential  subscription, the ToS explicitly prohibits the operation of server of any kind.

You need a business subscription and the cost is typically double or triple of your current plan at the same speed tier.

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the community.  You're talking to other users here.  If you want to ask Verizon a question, you need to use their support channels.  You may also find their social media support helpful; you can reach them by DM'ng them on Facebook or tweeting @Verizonsupport.

That said, you may not need need a business plan. 

What may be helpful is to know that Verizon does block port 25, as most residential ISPs do.  I'm pretty sure it's outbound only.

I also want to say that if you're trying to stand up a permanent, reliable service, running it over a residential ISP may not be the best idea (regardless of the ISP).  The SLAs on residential accounts are typically inconsistent with the service levels needed by professional services.  If this is intended to be more than an experiment or a  safety critical system, I'd consider cloud hosting it on something with the SLAs that match your needs.  You should know the usual suspects, AWS, GCP, Azure, Digital Ocean, ...