SPAM detector is flawed
astouffer
Enthusiast - Level 2

How am I supposed to forward SPAM to the appropriate abuse@ addresses if your detector stops it?

0 Likes
Re: SPAM detector is flawed
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the troubles you are having trying to send the message to our spam team. What error message are you getting? Is it a bounce back message? What email address are you sending it to?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

I am pretty sure he's talking about the same thing I occasionally see.  The inbound spam filter fails to see a email as spam.  But try and forward that (except to the special Verizon spam detector site), and the outbound spam filter sometimes catches it. 

If the outbound spam detector can detect it why didn't the inbound one detect it?

0 Likes
astouffer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I look through the headers and see who the IP address belongs to and then forward the message to whatever company owns it. Your outbound filtering thinks I'm a spammer based off the message contents and prevents it from happening. I'd only forward spam to abuse@verizon.net if it originally came from verizon.

0 Likes
TedCrunch1

I've had the same problem, myself. Today Verizon have made things even worse. I tried to respond to a simple one-line e-mail. My response was only two lines long but Verizon rejected it as spam. I use Thunderbird but I can't send anything from it because of Verizon's screwup. I even tried sending it from their web based service and it still rejects it as spam. And this isn't the first time it's happened. Meanwhile my inboxes are filled with spam every day. And trying to contact Verizon is a joke. I am so sick of Verizon. I've noticed in the past few days that it takes ages to download simple messages, so I know that some unqualified person is tampering with something they know nothing about. We pay good money for a service that is getting worse. So much for high speed internet on FIOS!

0 Likes