SPAM filter
ITGEEK1

I have setup the SPAM filter to remove all identified SPAM from my INBOX, but the filter does not seem to be working. I still have to identify all incoming messages as SPAM and then manually delete the SPAM mail box. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for al the help.

0 Likes
Re: SPAM filter
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Hi, are you doing this in outlook or a third party program, or are you doing this in Verizon Webmail? 

0 Likes
ForestValora

I've had the same issues and assumed anything I marked for spam would not appear in my inbox again.  That didn't happen so I called tech support.  They said that once an email is identified as spam a certain number of times by a certain number of customers, only then will it be identified as spam by Verizon and at that point, Verizon would stop it from getting to all customers inbox.  Verizon wouldn't tell me how many customers have to report it as spam or how often it has to be identified as spam.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

That is correct, here is Verizon's Description of how it works.

What does the Spam Detector tool do? | FiOS Internet ... - Verizon

Your ability to communicate with family or friends can be hindered by unsolicited email or "spam". If you have your SPAM Detector ON, it will sift and catch unsolicited emails sent to your email account and either present them in the SPAM Detector folder or delete them. (Note: You can adjust your SPAM Detector settings in the Settings/Email Settings tab within Message Center.)

Furthermore, if there are emails you deem as SPAM, you can “Mark as SPAM” by selecting the email from your email inbox list view and select SPAM icon from top menu bar. It will put the email in your SPAM Detector folder and send an email to the VZ Abuse team and third party vendor to evaluate. If it is deemed SPAM, SPAM Detector definitions/rules will be updated.

Please note that marking email as SPAM does not add the email to the Blocked Senders list. Furthermore, SPAMMERs rarely use the same email address more than once to send SPAM.

Use the Spam Detector Now

See Also:How do I view messages that Spam Detector filters?
What is spam?

0 Likes