Re: Servers Down on Email Clients?
groucho8941

Trenton, NJ here and MacMail email client can't send or receive email either this morning (May 21, 2015). Thought it was the 'new' security settings and changed them back but nothing. Then I found this forum thread. Pitiful service from Verizon.

0 Likes
georgeny1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am down in Westchester County NY ( 35 North of City ) apparently since 3 or 4 am today!!

George in NY

0 Likes
timkea
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in Chalfont.  Can't get anything.  Website had me go through hoops of changing security settings.   Evidently Verizon upgraded security last night and now it doesn't work.  I have internet but no email on my phone, computer or directly on Verizon website.   Infuriating.

0 Likes
timkea
Enthusiast - Level 2

There must be hundreds, thousands of people trying to get email and looking for answers.  It would be polite if Verizon posted something on their website that servcie is down, don't waste your time trying to get in.  Maybe no one works at Verizon until 9am.  Banking hours with good enough for government service.

Scoop8
Contributor - Level 1

Same here.  When I checked my Outlook (Office 2003 version) this morning (about 4:45am U.S. CDT  Dalllas TX area), I got the "send/receive" errors.

My settings are current:

Incoming (POP3) pop.verizon.net     Port 995

Outgoing (SMTP) smtp.verizon.net   Port 465

I agree with the majority of the posters here regarding general communication strategies with Verizon.

The problem with issues such as these is that the end user isn't aware that the provider has a known issue and hasn't deployed a general communication method to inform the customer so that they don't spend unnecessary time searching for the source of the problem.

To be fair about this particular issue and keeping in mind that this is only one customer's pov,  I've had very good service with Verizon FIOS over the years with virtually no interruptions of service and have had only a handful of E-mail (Outlook send/receive errors) outages during that same period of time.

However, Verizon's communication performance isn't good, my take.

The good news, is the 'net itself Smiley Happy, "googling", forums such as this one.  When it looked like this was a Verizon/server issue, I checked this forum and sure enough, I got verification that this wasn't an issue locally with my PC's.

@timkea wrote:

There must be hundreds, thousands of people trying to get email and looking for answers.  It would be polite if Verizon posted something on their website that servcie is down, don't waste your time trying to get in.  Maybe no one works at Verizon until 9am.  Banking hours with good enough for government service.

psupug

Yes I am experiencing same issues, says pop server is incorrect, on both I pad and i phone...

0 Likes
Stratman62
Enthusiast - Level 2
  • North Jersey here. Same issue. AND if I go to web, it says I need My Fios app. THAT won't download and install. When I request desktop site, I can sign in but page will not display properly. What gives here? Unacceptable that VZ doesn't have an advisory on their website.
0 Likes
merlin96
Contributor - Level 1

Someone just posted on the DSL forum (1) that Verizon has verified the outage via twitter but given no info when it will be back up and (2) that it appears that the webmail is now also down.  As to the second, I am still able to send test messages to myself but have not received any emails from the outside, which is kind of strange by this time of the morning so while I cannot independently verify that it is down, it does seem that something is not quite right with it.

Anyone else getting emails or not getting them through the website?

0 Likes
jtownjohn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in Pittsburgh and my email is down as well.  No notification should be unacceptable.  Likely move all business email to icloud account at this point.  More conficence in apple than Verizon.

John P

0 Likes
YankeeDoodle1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Microsoft Outlook also not able to access server.  Usually it takes 24 hours for Verizon to recognize a problem.  It should never take that long to correct.