Setting up Sub Accounts not Working
Aminri

I'm trying to set up several e-mail sub-accounts through My Verizon -> Profiles -> Manage Sub Accounts.

I only need to set up access through Verizon Web Mail. 

The system 1) appears to let me set up a sub-account and then 2) log in, using the sub account ID and password I created.  However, when I click on "Check email", it throws me back to the "Please Sign into Webmail" screen, with an error message dialog box, saying something about the account can't be found. 

(Also, what I am supposed to enter in the "email" box when setting up a sub-account, when the sub-account ID is supposed to be the email address is a mystery to me.  I can find no documentation on this).

(Also also, the tutorial I found on the website shows screens that look like nothing I've been able to access so far).

Any suggestions about what is going wrong?

0 Likes
Re: Setting up Sub Accounts not Working
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Aminri wrote:

I'm trying to set up several e-mail sub-accounts through My Verizon -> Profiles -> Manage Sub Accounts.

I only need to set up access through Verizon Web Mail. 

The system 1) appears to let me set up a sub-account and then 2) log in, using the sub account ID and password I created.  However, when I click on "Check email", it throws me back to the "Please Sign into Webmail" screen, with an error message dialog box, saying something about the account can't be found. 

(Also, what I am supposed to enter in the "email" box when setting up a sub-account, when the sub-account ID is supposed to be the email address is a mystery to me.  I can find no documentation on this).

(Also also, the tutorial I found on the website shows screens that look like nothing I've been able to access so far).

Any suggestions about what is going wrong?

Are you checking the box on the right for "This account will have Email."?

Have you been creating and deleting a lot of email accounts? There is a lifetime limit of 25 sub accounts with email, so beyond that you won't be able to successfully set them up.

As for the "email" box, I assume it's like the Mobile Number box, in that they want alternate ways to reset the password. I would call Verizon and make sure, but they're probably looking for an alternate email address to contact the sub holder.

0 Likes
Re: Setting up Sub Accounts not Working
Aminri

1. I did check the "This account will have email" box.

2. I haven't tried to create more than 25 accounts.

Have you had success before setting up a sub-account?  If this one procedure is supposed to be all there is, and it isn't working, I'm ready to call Verizon support, but I want to make sure there isn't some other place I need to set up/connect to a sub-account.

0 Likes