Spam Detector Catches Nothing
james_marshall
Contributor - Level 1

I have two Verizon.net home e-mail accounts.  I have SpamDetector turned on.  It used to work.  Starting +/- 2 months ago, SpamDetector stopped catching anything except one specfic e-mail account that I blocked in my wife's account. 

I have tried tuning SpamDetector off, then back on.  I have read all of the articles and posts I could find on this site - all to no avail.  We regularly get 20 to 40 spam e-mails per day. 

Is there a known fix to this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Spam Detector Catches Nothing
jrwhiskey

I have the same problem - except that my spam has always been bad in this account and now it's absolutely unacceptable. I hope someone replies to your message with advice... I will likely set up some filters very soon as I've been getting 100+ spams/month since Thanksgiving.

Julie

0 Likes
Re: Spam Detector Catches Nothing
james_marshall
Contributor - Level 1

So, last night I spent over an hour trying to get this worked out with Verizon's online chat folks.  The first 25 minutes waiting in the queue, the next 35 minutes trying a bunch of solutions that they said, "Please be assured that it will work."  and "it is the best process suggested by our email server team."

All of their solutions were focused on changes to my computer, which is utter nonsense.  I can look at the Spam Detector folder on WebAccess (netmail.verizon.net) and see that it is EMPTY.  I find 20 or more SPAM messages in our Inbox.  What does it take to make them understand that the problem is in the mail server, not my computer?  It was very frustrating to say the least.

At the end, the guy did say that if his last fix (change the password to your email along with the secret question and answer run a full system scan) that they might "check with the email backend team about what best can be done."  Of course he didn't say how I would get to contact them . . . I'll probably have to sit through another session where I wait for a half hour then jump through some inane hoops to prove to tem that the problem is on their end.

So I have no solution to suggest yet.  If I ever get one, I will let you know.

0 Likes