on three computers (twi W10, one Vista) when attempting to send via the Seamonkey email client installed on Seamonkey browser and inked to Firefox, On the other hand, it works fine on my email client - in all three computers. FWIW I only send on the browsers, as I am forwading research. No mail is receeved. I have checked the code that the browsers have stored and it is correct (It is the one that lets me get into these forums)
I also successfully tried to send from the AOL home page, as I am a victim of the Verizon/AOL disaster
UPDATE: It was AOL jumping the gun. Here's what I did: Called AOL 1-800-827-6364. They have a menu but first tried to shuffle VZ customers to the website they already told you about. Toward the bottom of the verbal menu there is a link for VZ customers having problems. Go there. After you bleed all over the rep they will tell you that they can;t to anything unless you pay them to join the $9.99/monthly service. (I did it, you can cancel it in 30 days, well beyond the November deadline. Rep insisted the fixes she would do, would be good "forever") She took control of my PC and together we worked out the fix. Works fine.
I LEARNED: That if you can't get in with your VZ pword, try your AOL pword.
From now on it will be your email pword. Your VZ pword is still requred for things like this forum, i.e. things unique to VZ.