Trouble setting up a email sub account
swimjeff1960

I've done this before - this will be my 6th sub account but I can't figure this out.  "Please correct the errors highlighted below" and "Partner found a parameter to be illegal" are the two messages I get after entering the info.  Nothing is highlighted.  I have tried different versions of the user name with no luck.

0 Likes
Re: Trouble setting up a email sub account
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@swimjeff1960 wrote:

I've done this before - this will be my 6th sub account but I can't figure this out.  "Please correct the errors highlighted below" and "Partner found a parameter to be illegal" are the two messages I get after entering the info.  Nothing is highlighted.  I have tried different versions of the user name with no luck.

Odds are there's some string in your username that is being rejected. Try a username that is completely different. You *might* be able to get Verizon to tell you what the string is, or you might be able to figure it out yourself. Pretty much, if any part of it looks like an inappropriate word, you'll need to take that part out.

Also make sure that the DOB you provide shows you are over 18, and the zip code is the same as the Primary account. Don't use a secret answer that's the same as the password. Don't use the same password as the primary... That's all I can think of off the top of my head. If none of that fixes it, post again and I'll try harder. 😉

**Edit** I remembered something else: The system can also be pretty finicky about symbols. Are you using special characters in any of the fields?

0 Likes
UseItForGood

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?  I'm having the same problem.  I've been at this for hours.  I wish I could find a phone number to call for support, but my search for support keeps sending me around in circles.  I'm setting up a freelance business and really need a subaccount that is separate from my primary, personal e-mail.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@UseItForGood wrote:

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?  I'm having the same problem.  I've been at this for hours.  I wish I could find a phone number to call for support, but my search for support keeps sending me around in circles.  I'm setting up a freelance business and really need a subaccount that is separate from my primary, personal e-mail.

1-800-VERIZON

Also, see my response above. One of those may be your issue.

0 Likes
Griffin80

I have been working on this for hours, with no luck. What is considered inappropriate content? I have checked everything else here.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@griffin wrote:

I have been working on this for hours, with no luck. What is considered inappropriate content? I have checked everything else here.

That's really up to Verizon, and the list is pretty well guarded. (Unless you're partnered with Yahoo; then it's up to them.)

One option to check if it is an issue with the username is to try one completely unrelated to anything you've tried before, like "testsub<stringofrandomnumbers>", to see if it will allow creation of *that* account with all of your other info exactly the way you are submitting it now. That should at least tell you whether it's the username that's causing issues or not.