Re: Verizon Bloclking Webmail from Overseas
bardietz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Interesting detail. Thanks.

I am wondering if I need to create a wireless account in order to have access to my webmail from overseas.

As a subaccount holder, I have never registered with Verizon.

Is that what is necessary in order to use webmail overseas??

If so, no one at Verizon in about seven to ten hours of telephone calls and chats every mentioned this.

The Verizon website continues to state that overseas webmail access is possible.

For me, it has been impossible.

0 Likes
JCWPV

I travel to Puerto Vallarta Mexico and had the same problem last February through March.  I use POP mail to my laptop when traveling and when I get home I like to down load my mail to my desk top.  As of last year I was unable to manage my mail via webmail, I was blocked out using a Windows Surface RT.  I had to call a friend in the US to go in and elete what appeared to be not essential mail.  He had to do that three times for me.

I am planning to be doing the same trip this year and Verizon has said that if I use the FIOS App from my new Windoes Surface 3 or my smart phone, I should be able to manage my webmail.  I am reluctant but my only choice.

They said if I had problems to call 1-800-837-4966.  That will be expensive from Mexico.  I hope my Skype account will work.

If anyone is in Mexico, can you let me know if the FIOS APP works?

0 Likes
aus4tmg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone know if the FIOS App works in Ireland & the UK?

0 Likes