Re: Verizon/Yahoo Email no longer working
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try again.  Several outages reported in recent days.  Possibly related to changes to make us all AOL email accounts.

0 Likes
aibek

Yes, I still seem to be having problems. How do I report the issue (besides in this forum)? Is there still an issue that Verizon knows of?

0 Likes
aibek

I tried to report the issue via Verizon. After navigating through a dozen pages I was put in a chat session which crashed (lost connection and never came back).

Hopefully that was enough to raise the issue.

0 Likes
aibek

I downloaded another Android app to my phone (Blue Mail) and it seems to work. It did not work when I tried to enter the server details manually (pop.verizon.net:995 etc) but when I let it figure out the details as a verizon account it was able to connect.

Let's see if this continues to work.

0 Likes
aibek

And by the way, outlook email on my PC still does not connect, neither does the Android email app that is part of the OS. Wonder how Blue Mail got it... how do these third-party apps figure out the server settings anyway?

0 Likes
btucker1

Unfortunately I can not find such a link. "Many different attempts" Can you please post a link or screen capture of the page or similar page I should be seeing?

0 Likes
aibek

@doubois wrote:

And by the way, outlook email on my PC still does not connect, neither does the Android email app that is part of the OS. Wonder how Blue Mail got it... how do these third-party apps figure out the server settings anyway?

Also the email client on my Amazon Kindle can still get mail... same with my ancient iPod touch (almost ten years old). Why should some clients have problems when others dont? Amazon Kindle runs its own version of Android, the iPod is running a very old OS (in fact gmail rejects connections now but at least gives me more info about why it cant connect).

0 Likes
Will41

I am now able to setup my Outlook.com to "send and receive" from my Verizon POP mail but it returns an error stating "There was a problem getting messages from your other accounts". Outlook.com does not retrieve my Verizon POP mail. I am able to send from my Verizon POP mail using Outlook.com as the email client. I cannot retrieve any messages from my Verizon POP mail using Outlook.com. 

When will this be fixed and why did this happen?

0 Likes
stevedib
Enthusiast - Level 1

I use Outlook to receive my Verizon email and it has been out since Monday night.  On Wednesday they said a fix should be in place within 24 hours.  Is there an update on this.  It is going on a week now.

0 Likes
alincali

Same problem with me.  No emails for a week now using Outlook.com.

0 Likes