Verizon Yahoo email not receiving incoming mail
dtuskey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Beginning on Feb 2, at around 12:30 PM Eastern Time, my cell phone (Samsung Galaxy s6, my daughter's cell phone, and my desktop computer stopped receiving yahoo verizon mail via our client programs. Nothing was changed on our end in our settings. My laptop continues to work fine with yahoo verizon. Webmail works fine, too. The message our client gives us is that the certificate is not valid. Why should this have stopped working on some devices, but not on others? My wife uses "plain" verizon email and is unaffected; this seems to be only on some devices with the yahoo verizon servers. Outgoing servers seem fine with all devices.

Can't get down load POP3 Email from my Verzion Yahoo account
withonet
Enthusiast - Level 1

4 days ago my email using Thunderbird stopped getting email from my verizon yahoo email account.  Verizon says it is a yahoo problem and yahoo doesn't provide me anyway to ask a question.  I've checked all the information. 

When I look at the site verizon provided it requires me to sign in to get help.  When I try to set that password is takes me back to verizon.  Doesn't help.

The yahoo phone number provided by verizon is disconnected. 

It seems like Thunderbird's request isn't being responded to by yahoo.  No specifics on the error?  Any ideas?

This has happened before but only lasted a couple hours.  Not 4 days.

Verizon Yahoo! Password not working
tgills2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a 2 fold issue:

1-I can log ionto yahoo verizon email on the webmail as well as my outlook but not on my phone. I receive .I get the error message " A security Connection error has occurred". I have not received any emall on my phone since Feb 2. My husband's email on his phone, exactly the same thing. I don' tknow if it has to do specifcally with Samsung S7edge or not since we both have them

2-One instruction told me to check third party access under MY ACCOUNT in my yahoo verizon email. I can log into the email account but when I try to access MY ACCOUNT it won't accept the password. I have used several different browers and the same results. Cleared history and cookies and still won't allow me to go to MY ACCOUNT under my yahoo verizon email. I have reset the password, can't do it.

Re: Verizon Yahoo! Password not working
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi tgills2,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Can't get down load POP3 Email from my Verzion Yahoo account
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi withonet,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon will not allow Thunderbird access to incoming server
1stTopcat

I was having hardly any problems with using Thunderbird, and have twice changed my password at verizon, the first time due to the data breach, and then again today, because every time I try to get mail with TB a window pops up saying "Sending of Password for user (my user name) did not succeed.  Mail server incoming.verizon.yahoo.net responded:"

Now this happened before, but self corrected.  For the last 4 or 5 days it happens every time I try to get Email.  I could still send Email on TB, with the same password and user.  I tried today changing the password at Verizon, then on TB, but still get the same window.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon will not allow Thunderbird access to incoming server
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi 1stTopcat,

0 Likes
Re: Verizon will not allow Thunderbird access to incoming server
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

If you are experiencing this issue, please check your email username in Thunderbird settings and add "@verizon.net" if it is missing.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Yahoo email not receiving incoming mail
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dtuskey,

Please check your server log in information and make sure that your username includes "@verizon.net".  Let us know if that resolves your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Yahoo email not receiving incoming mail
dtuskey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Nope that is not the issue. Both my desktop computer and Samsung Galaxy mail app list the verizon.net as part of the user identification.

0 Likes