Re: Verizon/Yahoo
mahjrh

I have the same problem and according to a FIOS teach if you switched from Windows Live, which I did my mail now has to go through Yahoo. Fortunately I use Outlook most of the time, but when traveling will now have to use Yahoo. My advise is not to switch to Yahoo and you will still be able to receive you mail just by going to Verizon site. Just wish FIOS had left things alone. I no longer have any access to the SPAM controls on FIOS and the ones on yahoo are worthless!!

0 Likes
crae

So do I have to set up my email to use Outlook Express or can I use the Verizon Webmail option?

That is, can I use the Verizon Webmail option when it's WORKING???  I've had problems getting into my email every day since the change from using Verizon Yahoo.

Thanks.

0 Likes
GrandmaKitty

I to am unable to receive any e-mail in my new and improved e-mail using their "true  switch" technology. I have 2 e-mails in my account and when I tried to send an e-mail to myself from my work e-mail it bounced back saying my e-mail account was full! I did finally talk to a number of people at Verizon (which took 40 minutes of being passed around and put on hold) . When I finally did talk to someone they said they would put in a trouble ticket, would not give me the ticket number as a reference and said to chek back in 2 days. Meanwhile I set up a g-mail account and am having all my stuff transfered to that account. I have never liked Verizon when I had them as my wireless carrier and I like them even less now. As soon as I can get a minute (after Pascha) I will see if I can find another carrier for my internet service.  I also believe Veizon should not be chargin me for these days that I have not been able to us the e-mail service.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Yahoo Trueswitch problem
FUpissedoff

I'm In Idaho and can say that the verizon switch isn't working. still unable to get any mail on the verizon/yahoo  page so have switched back to AOL. had no problems using trueswutch to change everything over. also am getting rid of verizon dsl altogether since they are a headache. Going to Time Warner for all dsl needs.  Aol retrived all my lost emails from verizon so verizon really messed this up for themselves.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@GrandmaKitty wrote:

I to am unable to receive any e-mail in my new and improved e-mail using their "true  switch" technology. I have 2 e-mails in my account and when I tried to send an e-mail to myself from my work e-mail it bounced back saying my e-mail account was full! I did finally talk to a number of people at Verizon (which took 40 minutes of being passed around and put on hold) . When I finally did talk to someone they said they would put in a trouble ticket, would not give me the ticket number as a reference and said to chek back in 2 days. Meanwhile I set up a g-mail account and am having all my stuff transfered to that account. I have never liked Verizon when I had them as my wireless carrier and I like them even less now. As soon as I can get a minute (after Pascha) I will see if I can find another carrier for my internet service.  I also believe Veizon should not be chargin me for these days that I have not been able to us the e-mail service.

Bear in mind that ALL of your folders in verizon.net count against your mail quota. This includes any custom folders that might have been created by the True Switch program, and the trash folder.

franciscocano
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a big nightmare!!!! I never thought that verizon would let customer hanging with no help. I have called so many times and they cannot solve the problem. I mistakently chose a link as verizon/yahoo to change portal, and I could not undo. I was using verizon portal before, but now I cannot access my verizon emails. It has been since 3/15/2010 (today is 4/2) and they have not been able to fix it. They said "48 hours..waiting."  Finally, an agent from India tells me they screw up when switching the account and they could not undo it. They sent me to what they call "experts" and tried to remotely access my computer to do the same micky mouse taks eveyrone else has tried. With all this technology you would expect that a dinasour as verizon would have a back-up plan, but obviously they do not....talk about an image, obviously they are not concerned about it. It is discusting. Smiley Mad

0 Likes
franciscocano
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just spent 73 minutes on the phone trying to remind verizon that my ticket (which they do not provide) should still be opened. When I called, the machines suggest that I had called before and my issue was solved!!! What!!!? I'm still having problems. I invited them to send an email to my account and see the results.... and they are not willing to do that because they know they really screw up on the swtich from verizon/msn to verizon/yahoo portal. Man Surprised

0 Likes
Klungseth

We live in Central Illinois and are having the same issues.  I was hoping to see a Verizon person comment on this thread, but guess thats not going to happen.  Looks like I'll be switching to a gmail or some other type account so if Verizon keeps up this kind of service, it will be easier to switch.  I have never had issues with Verizon before and I'm hoping this is not an indicator of things to come...

0 Likes
lovelei3

OMG, I am so glad to have found this site.  I have been in agony since this devilish switch.  I did switch back; but the damage has already been done.  I,too, have transferred most of my mail to a Google account.  When I open Yahoo or Verizon, that one is rare, one or the other just automatically switches itself to the other mail account.  I get a wacky message telling me that it has been noted that I logged out of the account, or something nutty like this.

I have resorted to opening Internet Explorer and Firefox at the same, opening Yahoo in one and Verizon, if it will open, in the other browser.

This is the most insane situation ever!  Until now I have been very satisfied with Verizon although it runs rather slowly... Now, not so much!

Thanks for the chance to blow off some steam...

0 Likes
Re: New Verizon Email Migration from yahoo.verizon.net
lovelei3

I have tried that several times and it takes me to the Yahoo account, not the Verizon email.  Sometimes, the Verizon email opens... but there is no rhyme or reason to it.  I have no idea what triggers it to work at any given time... it's all trial and error.

Major sigh here....

0 Likes