Re: Verizon/Yahoo
tjarger
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had no email for over 5 days and the bets reason I wa sgiven wa sthat my inbox got corrupted when it was transferred from Yahoo to verizon servers. 

0 Likes
michigan1234

This whole migration is very poorly planned.  The directives are not clear.  I have a question.  Am I to understand that in order to have my e mail and homepage the same I will need to make verizon.com my homepage?  This will mean that I will loose all my current events such as news, weather, stocks, etc.?  So I will have to access 2 seperate sites to check my email and have a functional toolbar and news?  When they move the contacts and e mails does this also moved the folders that I have established?  I can not get a direct answer from them.  They keep referring back to their directive announcement that was posted and have not answered the question.  Can anyone please enlighten me?  I thank you for any directives you can give me.

0 Likes
franciscocano
Enthusiast - Level 1

Obviously Verizon does not care about it image and customers.{please keep it relevant}, specially the users who are losing business as a result of this **bleep** transition and lack of customer service.

0 Likes
M3tan3rd
Enthusiast - Level 1

In my area of Seattle, we are scheduled to be migrated over from Yahoo to Verizon email servers by April 15. I have checked my 7 odd accounts every few days from the first notice untill now. 5 of 7 have been migrated to date. As my deadline is fast approaching, I am thinking it natural to worry if the remaining accounts will be migrated in time, so I call support . . .

That was an experience! - I was on for an hour with some poor sod, and then his supervisor - neither of whom could tell me anything about my status, or the likelyhood of getting the last two accounts migrated. Both techs implored me to 'believe' that it would happen, after finding no fault with my settings. At the end of the marathon call, the supervisor volunteered that in fact, it is his team who is responsible for the migration! - so in this case, you have the fox guarding the henhouse.

As the minutes tick by, I will get closer to loosing my account on the yahoo.verizon servers and no comfortably closer to gaining them on the verizon servers. I have looked through other peoples accounts and my experience is not unique. What we are seeing is the dark side of commodity services - you outsource to get the cost down and down, down goes the service.

I'm not sure what is going to happen to my accounts. I suspect that in the worst case, I will have to recreate two verizon subaccounts and I will only bounce email for a few hours, but my confidence in Verizon has gotten a permanent dent.

Regards

Peter Larsen as M3tan3rd

zeeke666

Ask Verizon to send your mail to your new E-Mail address That's It. Send Verizon a note with new E-Mail & when they answer It . The mail will go to your new Address...DIG IT >>>

0 Likes
bugandhoney
Enthusiast - Level 1

3tan3rd,

You are not alone!

I am from NC and Yahoo! Verizon service is scheduled to terminate on April 27th in my area, yet my e-mail account transfer is not done yet.

This transition is pretty much erratic. I have three e-mail accounts, two of them were transferred to verizon.net. For the other one, if I try to login to webmail.verizon.net, the site asks me to go to verizon.yahoo.com, which is shutting down soon! The new POP3 server does not recognize this username, either.

Yesterday, I found out that one account, which I had been able to login to the new site with, stopped working. Now I can only see this account from verizon.yahoo.com or from the old e-mail server. I got a funny automated message from Verizon to this account and am hoping that at least their e-mail tech team is aware of the problem, even if they cannot fix it in time. 

Customer service reps are pathetically useless (both e-mail and phone). Looks like it is a lot easier to notify all my e-mail contacts of my new e-mail address than to have them fix the problem.

I at least set forwarding addresses for the accounts which do not allow me to login with before I completely lose control over them. Let's see what happens after 27th...

Ken

0 Likes
Re: e-mail forwarding
bugandhoney
Enthusiast - Level 1

@zeeke666 wrote:

Ask Verizon to send your mail to your new E-Mail address That's It. Send Verizon a note with new E-Mail & when they answer It . The mail will go to your new Address...DIG IT >>>

Where did you send your new e-mail address?

Ken

0 Likes
bugandhoney
Enthusiast - Level 1

An update from a "former" Yahoo! portal service user...

We passed the termination date of Yahoo! Verizon service, yet I can still access to my Yahoo! Verizon account (both webmail and POP3).

I still cannot see my message in my new account in verizon.net... 😞

Ken

0 Likes
bugandhoney
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi all,

Here is a message from a "former" Yahoo! Verizon customer.

At last, Yahoo! Verizon disabled my account. Now I cannot see my message at all. Before I lost access, I set up e-mail forwarding, but it turns out useless because my account is gone altogether. A message to this address bounces back.

I can log into verizon.net. The problem is that when I click "message" to see e-mail, I am asked for my log-in info again. And then it says:

You have chosen to use Yahoo as your portal with your Verizon Online Broadband service. Click here to sign in to your Verizon-Yahoo mail box.

Of course, Yahoo portal is gone. What a **bleep** message. Thank you, Verizon, for bringing me this inconvenience for nothing.

Now, what I want to know before I call the customer support is if there is anyone out there who was able to get them fix this problem. I just don't want to waste my time on this **bleep** transition any more.

Thank you,

Ken

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@bugandhoney wrote:

Hi all,

Here is a message from a "former" Yahoo! Verizon customer.

At last, Yahoo! Verizon disabled my account. Now I cannot see my message at all. Before I lost access, I set up e-mail forwarding, but it turns out useless because my account is gone altogether. A message to this address bounces back.

I can log into verizon.net. The problem is that when I click "message" to see e-mail, I am asked for my log-in info again. And then it says:

You have chosen to use Yahoo as your portal with your Verizon Online Broadband service. Click here to sign in to your Verizon-Yahoo mail box.

Of course, Yahoo portal is gone. What a **bleep** message. Thank you, Verizon, for bringing me this inconvenience for nothing.

Now, what I want to know before I call the customer support is if there is anyone out there who was able to get them fix this problem. I just don't want to waste my time on this **bleep** transition any more.

Thank you,

Ken

Your account is still set to Yahoo in some part of Verizon's mail system. You will need to contact tech support and have them escalate to get it corrected. (But yes, it CAN be fixed.)

0 Likes