Receive up to $504 promo credit ($180 w/Welcome Unlimited, $360 w/ 5G Start, or $504 w/5G Do More, 5G Play More, 5G Get More or One Unlimited for iPhone plan (Welcome Unlimited and One Unlimited for iPhone plans can't be mixed w/other Unlimited plans; all lines on the account req'd on respective plans)) when you add a new smartphone line with your own 4G/5G smartphone on an eligible postpaid plan between 2/10/23 and 4/5/23. Promo credit applied over 36 months; promo credits end if eligibility requirements are no longer met.
$699.99 (128 GB only) device payment purchase or full retail purchase w/ new smartphone line on One Unlimited for iPhone (all lines on account req'd on plan), 5G Start, 5G Do More, 5G Play More or 5G Get More plan req'd. Less $699.99 promo credit applied over 36 mos.; promo credit ends if eligibility req’s are no longer met; 0% APR.
I had asked the tech support and supervisor a similar question as to what you said about the SSL encryption. I told them the email said to specifically have those checked off but they said no. They could not get my email to work properly when it was checked off.
I think what they did was a quick fix to get it working. I certainly hope that everybody having issues due to their email that they will get it figured out and follow up with a CORRECT email.
Similar problems for sure with a twist...
Got the email, did nothing. This AM I could send but not receive email. Made suggested changes, all is well. Service is spotty now however with periodic send/receive errors but it is working.
My larger issue now is my Droid and Verizon mail. After making the changes to home Outlook, phone Oulook stopped receiving mail. Made the same port changes on the phone and began to receive mail. Then boom, error message ERR connection limit reached for this IP. **bleep**. Then suddenly boom, fifty emails dump into the phone. Ok, cool. Woops, error message again. I'll receive incoming mail occasionally now but spotty, just like home Outlook.
Too many calls to Verizon today and lost a couple. Latest tech has confirmed bigtime issues and gave me a ticket number for those interested, PADQ025S285 and text message says should be resolved by 5pm tomorrow.
Having posted my previous rant I must report that with the recommended changes in place both my home Outlook and VZW Droid Outlook are responding as normal. Kiss of death I know but just saying.
It has been a frustrating morning to say the least. There is a global repair ticket and the problem is to be resolved by 5pm tomorrow, January 7.
There was problems with the Verizon email servers Friday morning, the 6th. So when I got home and tried it with the old settings, everything worked ok.
I ran into the exact same difficulty and forgot the original settings. I did a system restore and it gave me the settings:
outoing Port 25 - (do not check SSL)
incoming Port 110 - here, I can't remember nor did the settings indicate if SSL is checked or not. I left it unchecked and it works fine. I may experiment with checking the SSL, but probably not today. Sometimes you can spend too much time fixing things.
I'm also using Netscape 7, but looking to switch to Firefox/Thunderbird. N'scape is just getting a bit too old & grey.
I did NOT make the changes suggested in Verizon's email, and have had no problems other than connection problems about the same time as other users. I suspect that was at least partially overload from repeated connection attempts from users with problems.
I second your comment ( "I'd hate to have to try Outlook for this." )
Overall, the mail seems to be working fine for the last couple days.
These new settings won't take on the iPAD. Seems last time Verizon tried this it did not work either.