Re: Problems Receiving Emails on October 1st
DittoThat

Yes, ditto that.  I could not login to email by phone or by computer most of the day.  Late in the afternoon, it worked again but all of my stored email is now GONE.  Several years of email.  I use the service online, not with Outlook or Thunderbird or other email client, because I want to be able to reach it from any computer in the world (I travel a lot and don't always access to my PCs).  So using it online, it always has all of the email.  Now it's gone and it forced by phone client to delete all of the locally stored email. 

Anyone else having this problem?  This is the whole reason for using an online client -- they backup everything for you and it's available everywhere.  

- Frustrated 

0 Likes
Anything New on the Problem Accessing Account Owner Emails in InBox and Sent??
DOCJAH

As a longtime customer and as a Verizon shareholder, --- I'm dismayed by Verizon's limited response to the current email problems.  Has anyone heard anything, ... from any source,... about the cause of the "outage" and when we can anticipate that older emails will be accessible?  To state the glaringly obvious, --- many of us find it critically important that we are able to access older records/assets!!!  Duh!

0 Likes
Re: Anything New on the Problem Accessing Account Owner Emails in InBox and Sent??
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Please see shamika's post here.  

Re: Anything New on the Problem Accessing Account Owner Emails in InBox and Sent??
karetha5

I am in Southern California.  I can access my enail, but all of it is missing including my folders which contained important saved emails.  I have one email in my inbox.  Everything else is gone!

0 Likes
pwcrickman

My wife's email account was empty when she attempted to view its content via Webmail this afternoon.  All Inbox emails and saved email folders are gone!!!  When will they be restored?  Last update was at 4 PM this afternoon.

0 Likes
DOCJAH

Thanks ornahp!  I had seen shamika's post.  So you guys are left there hanging in the breeze.  Maybe it would be a good idea if one of the VPs actually posted a substantial public apology and offered some insight??  This is certainly a major public disaster for VZ and the muckety-mucks must understand that the longer they try to hide out the worse they look?  Remember the lambasting that Apple just got for Maps, --- that will look like child's play if they don't "step up" and make some type of public pronouncement (and prepare for adjusted billing).

0 Likes
Verizon Email Down
LJP6

I understand that technology does have break downs. But what I don't understand or accept is the fact that once the problem has been fixed, I'm missing all my information. I logged in today to check if the email was back up and running around 4:00 PM EST. I was excited that the webmail logged me in, less than impressed that my mail box was completely empty! So my question is if the email was down did the individuals who sent email to my address receive a bounce back stating that the mail box was unavailable or at least some indication that I did not receive the email?

Not only were there NO new messages but all of my Historical email was gone as well. I have my mail set up to delete messages that are 14 days old. What a SHOCK I had that nothing was in my mailbox.

Verizon yet again has let this consumer very unsatisfied with their service.

0 Likes
Email Down/outage
kellybelle
Anyone still getting the message about the server not being accessible?
0 Likes
Re: Verizon email is down?
onionskin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had the same error code today.  Wasn't able to get into verizon email today all day long.  Turns out it was a nationwide disaster that resulted in an email shut out all over the country for Verizon users.  If you were anything like me you lost ALL your files, stored emails, saved messages - EVERYTHING.  I am not happy about this because this is my business email address.  Verizon is going to owe me a partial refund for this month and I'm not going to let them weazel out of this.  Verizon is positively predatory about stalking you if your bill is a single day late.  They are ruthless with their shutoff policy.  They aren't going to get away with this.

Re: Verizon Email Down
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Please see Shamika's post here:  http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Verizon-Email-is-not-lost/m-p/486741

@LJP wrote:

I understand that technology does have break downs. But what I don't understand or accept is the fact that once the problem has been fixed, I'm missing all my information. I logged in today to check if the email was back up and running around 4:00 PM EST. I was excited that the webmail logged me in, less than impressed that my mail box was completely empty! So my question is if the email was down did the individuals who sent email to my address receive a bounce back stating that the mail box was unavailable or at least some indication that I did not receive the email?

Not only were there NO new messages but all of my Historical email was gone as well. I have my mail set up to delete messages that are 14 days old. What a SHOCK I had that nothing was in my mailbox.

Verizon yet again has let this consumer very unsatisfied with their service.

0 Likes