Re: Deletion of all emails and folders
nmlhaus

Yep!  same thing happened to me today.  I am somewhat literate and it looks like maybe a big server crash, and that Verizon just put back a start-up shell like when you first set up your E-mail.  Mine lost everything before 2;51 PM today!

0 Likes
G_Jones

I too have a very "empty" inbox; and very disturbed that everything is now missing.  Earlier there was absolutely no access to the email, and now that there is and although I've had my account for years, it is as though I have started all over with a new account.

0 Likes
Problems Receiving Emails on October 1st
HazelEyez3

Has anyone had trouble with their email today?  On average, I have around 30 emails (not including ones that go to junk mail) by the time I come home from work.  Today there were 3, all within 10 minutes of each other.  Nothing was in my junk folder either,

0 Likes
pedro007

I have lost all my folders and my emails also. are we going to get them back? who do we ask? I need my folders.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon email is down?
sueb
Enthusiast - Level 1

can't believe  it.. I use verizon as my BACKUP.. what the crap!  I too have gift cards and codes on my mail that also went missing.  How many "backups" are we suppose to have???   I am going to get rid of them too... this is crazy..

0 Likes
mteggatz

All of mine are gone too and I am just sick to my stomach about it.  I called and was told they had a total hardware failure and they were trying to reload all the data by tomorrow morning.  There is no guarantee that we will get any of it back.  I also had a lot of important things in there including some pics of my kids as babies 😞

0 Likes
Karen171
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today, all my emails and folders are gone, too.  I had very important information and emails stored in these folders.  Will they be restored?

Very unhappy about this...never happened before.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon email is down?
dgrubb3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don't use it!

Gmail or any other major web-base e-mail is better.

Don't use the verizon branded web browser.

Don't use Verizon for anything except an on-ramp to the internet.

All the other stuff just gives them an opportunity to get in your pocket!

NO added value.

Re: lost e-mails
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Please see message from Shamika_VZ HERE.

@nmlhaus wrote:

lost all e-mails prior to 2:51 pm today, also all special folders, only thing still there is contact lost.  Earlier (AROUND 10:30 am), tried to log on, unable and got some type of java error message.  Was there something glitched up, and can my info/E-mails be retrieved? 

0 Likes
Re: lost e-mails
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Please see message from Shamika_VZ HERE.

@nmlhaus wrote:

lost all e-mails prior to 2:51 pm today, also all special folders, only thing still there is contact lost.  Earlier (AROUND 10:30 am), tried to log on, unable and got some type of java error message.  Was there something glitched up, and can my info/E-mails be retrieved? 

0 Likes