Verizon filtering OUTGOING email as spam now
hurnik
Enthusiast - Level 2

My sister sent me an email with a home listing of a house she wants to buy.

I tried to forward it onto other people that I know.

However, I get this from Verizon's mail server:

9:58:43 PM S:550 5.7.1 The message you attempted to send was determined to be spam. Please visit http://www.verizon.net/spamfaq for more information.

Seems all of a sudden Verizon has determined that they'll filter their outbound email for spam, you get NO recourse if they falsely identify something as spam, you cannot call, contact anybody about it and all verdicts are final.

This is the last straw.  In 6 months when my contract is up, I'm switching back to Road Runner.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon filtering OUTGOING email as spam now
hurnik
Enthusiast - Level 2

{please keep your posts courteous} HAVE already submitted the spam as a false positive, but that was last week and nothing's changed.

0 Likes
nXt1
Contributor - Level 1

So I'm guessing you're using verizon.net email?

You're going to switch to RoadRunner and use their email now?

You'll have to service, sign up for new service, and equipment/etc..etc just to switch email accounts just to fix a "spam" issue, 

Why not just use a better email provider?

Use gmail or something, then your email itself isn't tied on your ISP.

rdedom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in total agreement.  I just tried to send a message from one address to another, both owned by me on one account.  From: my wife's email  to: mine.  It had a link in it.  Got the good ol 5.7.1 message just like you.  If Verizon is going to censor outgoing email, they need to be **bleep** well far more competent at it.  That a mail from me to me would be tagged as spam and refused to be sent is beyond the pale.  Who wrote the app that screens these mails?  Forrest Gump?  Can we no longer email links?  How do we protest this?  I am stuck for 20 more months.  Time to change mail servers.

0 Likes
DaveJ4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently tried to forward a phishing email to the company that was being impersonated, at their request. Verizon blocked the sending as spam. The real question is:

Why didn't it get blocked when it was sent to me?

That would have solved the whole problem.

Tony861
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. I tracked it down to Outlook 2010. If you go back into mail setup and click “Test Account Settings” it comes back with the same error.

I can forward messages from netmail and do not receive the spam error message.

joesgrille1

**bleep**? My first day with Verison dsl and I tried to forward email to a friend and it said it was spam and deleted it? Verizon is deciding what I can send to my friends????? Really??? Does this happen often??? If it does, I will not make it to Day 2!

0 Likes
charliebarrett
Contributor - Level 2

Youhoo... This problem still exists!!!

Almost every time I reply to (keeping original email content)  or forward an email with a few website or email links in it from Windows Live mail, the Spam Detector fires!!!!

The message log indicates that the Verizon server refused it.

I have to copy/paste the original email to a new message. Then it works! Why the helll does it block Replies, but not new messages with the same content???

This sucks!!!

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

May well be hidden spam.  html offen has such from spam sites.  Be careful such mail may include a virus or phishing.

0 Likes