Re: Verizon.net Email Login Issue
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

As a test, can you add the Verizon account to the stock Microsoft Email app to see if it yields better results? 🤔

Gully2

Good Evening,

I had my verizon.net email (aol) account running smoothly on my Outlook 2007 client. The Outlook client stopped downloading mail a couple weeks ago. I am having a heck of a time setting up my verizon.net email account back to using it on my Outlook client. I looked at this Create and manage third-party app passwords - AOL Help

and unfortunately it did not help.

I feel like such an idiot as I used to be pretty good at this stuff.

Thanks to anyone who wants to assist.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

When I went through the process of resolving the issue for my computers, I remember seeing a list of services that the changes one could select from. I think Outlook was on the list.

I, myself, use the native Microsoft & Samsung Email apps to access my verizon.net & aol.com accounts. Outlook is reserved for my outlook.com accounts.

0 Likes
LawlerMD

Hello,

I have some questions about this AOL generated password.

Is one supposed to use it for both incoming and outgoing server?

AOL instructions refer to this password as a one-time use, but at what point does one switch back?

Which password does one use to access one's e-mail via the AOL-Mail webpage?

How is this different than AOL requiring Verizon/AOL users to change their password?

Thanks,

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This thread will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to join the current discussion HERE.

0 Likes