So heres my issue....... dun dun dun...... cue the drum roll..........
A customer of mine has a Verizon.net email configured through Outlook 2010. For some odd reason about 3 days ago Outlook started giving the error that iit was unable to connect to the outgoing server (smtp).
I have double checked that the username and password are correct.
Incoming and outgoing servers are:
I made sure outgoing authentication was the same as incoming.
Right now incoming port is 110 and outgoing is 25. Verizon says if you have a verizon.net email address then port 25 is not closed but just in case I tried changing incoming to 995 and outgoing to 465 and made sure This server requires a secure connection (SSL) was checked.
I created a new outlook data file in case that was the issue and I ran virus and malware scans just in case.
The kicker here is that for no reason all of a sudden outlook will be able to connect to the server and everything will work and then 5 min later I get nothing.
Hopefully someone can give me some ideas here cuz Im at a loss
Since we haven't heard back from you after the suggestion we provided, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.