can't log into email and vm anymore since upgrade, does not recogize my acct, password or phone #
datart
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can log in to my account and see my bill, big surprise there, but if I want to log into email from my laptop away from home, forget it.

My account name and password are not known, I requested them with my phone number and again not known.  OK, I can get in but and here I am the forum but I am not known with email.  This happened  with the new improved website.  I don't think I can access my voicemail either.  What gives.

Since your site has no method to contact anyone other than your virtual help dude (who is worthless) and chat is down (seems to be always down).  Granted I did not try the phone as I did not want to get upset with wait times. With what we pay every month you would expect better service than this and with each year, it gets worse.  Why don't you have a email address for help desk issues?

To upgrade my service, I would clear directions and costs, and how much it will be to add on premium movie channels that I have in a package that are missing in the ultimate had package.  It only showed me epix as an option. Gee. Why does this have to be so hard?

I hate comcast but I am going to take a look at their current deals and internet speeds.  I may switch back.  Why..  Contacting VZ is a pain, email is not option - forum is the method of choice.   Costs/selections are hard to decipher or determine.  Value of your packages have decreased - you get less for more money.  VZ even charges for shipping of the equipment.  If I upgrade my internet speed will I get a free router to handle the speed increase - nope, I will get an offer at end of checkout to purchase a new router but of course, I have no idea of how much it costs until after choosing the upgrade and checking all the way out.

Lastly, when I got fios several years ago, VZ promised me more channels and hd channels were to be added on the next year...well, that was a lie because VZ has taken more channels off than added and even with package deal I have they moved channels around which means I lost channels because they were moved to another tier. This poor customer service and fraud as I pay the same amount for less than what I started with.

0 Likes
Re: can't log into email and vm anymore since upgrade, does not recogize my acct, password or phone
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@datart wrote:

I can log in to my account and see my bill, big surprise there, but if I want to log into email from my laptop away from home, forget it.

My account name and password are not known, I requested them with my phone number and again not known.  OK, I can get in but and here I am the forum but I am not known with email.  This happened  with the new improved website.  I don't think I can access my voicemail either.  What gives.

Since your site has no method to contact anyone other than your virtual help dude (who is worthless) and chat is down (seems to be always down).  Granted I did not try the phone as I did not want to get upset with wait times. With what we pay every month you would expect better service than this and with each year, it gets worse.  Why don't you have a email address for help desk issues?

To upgrade my service, I would clear directions and costs, and how much it will be to add on premium movie channels that I have in a package that are missing in the ultimate had package.  It only showed me epix as an option. Gee. Why does this have to be so hard?

I hate comcast but I am going to take a look at their current deals and internet speeds.  I may switch back.  Why..  Contacting VZ is a pain, email is not option - forum is the method of choice.   Costs/selections are hard to decipher or determine.  Value of your packages have decreased - you get less for more money.  VZ even charges for shipping of the equipment.  If I upgrade my internet speed will I get a free router to handle the speed increase - nope, I will get an offer at end of checkout to purchase a new router but of course, I have no idea of how much it costs until after choosing the upgrade and checking all the way out.

Lastly, when I got fios several years ago, VZ promised me more channels and hd channels were to be added on the next year...well, that was a lie because VZ has taken more channels off than added and even with package deal I have they moved channels around which means I lost channels because they were moved to another tier. This poor customer service and fraud as I pay the same amount for less than what I started with.

Hello,

Some responses:

1) if you have a verizon.com userid and password and can log-in and view your bill online, then you should be able to go to your inbox and check your emails to verizon.net. Regarding your comment: "but if I want to log into email from my laptop away from home, forget it."  --  does this mean you can access your emails successfully when you're at home?

If you have trouble logging in altogether, or cannot get to your email, you can contact Verizon's Technical Support at 1-888-553-1555. Technical Support might need to transfer you to the 'ECenter' department if your login is correct and it's a website issue you're having.   You can also read this page and try the troubleshooting steps here for your email problem:

https://www22.verizon.com/ForYourHome/VZRepair/vziha/Service.aspx?ihaweb=EmailFix

You can also try the livechat via http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/ -- clicking on Internet -- FiOS Internet -- Email and then under '3 Contact us -- click on the link -- 'Chat with us''.

2) If you had upgraded your telephone service to FiOS Digital Voice, you can access your voicemail by dialing *86 from your home phone.  If you are away from home you can call 1-888-2FiOSVM (1-888-234-6786).   For additional information on FiOS Digital Voice, you can go to verizon.com/fiosvoice

If you still have Freedom Essentials,  then your voicemail access number would be a local number.

By the way, if you did upgrade your telephone service to FiOS Digital Voice this prompts a change in account number.

3) In the Ultimate HD TV package (National version), the following premium channels are included:  Cinemax, Showtime, The Movie Channel, Epix.   There is an Ultimate HD Movie Completer Package subscription for $9.99 (it might be on promotion for 50% off for a period of time) which gets you the other premium channels (Starz, Encore, etc.).

Depending in your area, HBO would likely be a separate subscription for $16.99 (could be half off, too, depending on the promotion).

For additional information on this, you can go to verizon.com/fiostv

4) If you upgrade your internet speed to 150 Mbps/65 Mbps then you receive a free router upgrade to the dual-antenna FiOS GiGe wireless "N" router.  A technician visit is included and your Optical Network Terminal (ONT) will be checked for compatibility with the new speed (depending on ONTs available in your area).

If you have the regular router with a single antenna, the wired speed on that is up to 100 Mbps; but if you have multiple devices at home connected wirelessly, then the max wireless speed is 50 Mbps (give or take other factors that impact internet speeds at home).  If you upgrade to the 50/25 Mbps or 75/35 Mbps speed, and you'd like to get the dual-antenna "N" router, you can purchase one online via verizon.com/fiosaccessories or over the phone by speaking with customer service, or via a local FIOS store.  By the way, if you order online or over the phone, you may likely get charged shipping fees to have the equipment mailed to your home. Otherwise you can pick up the equipment at a local store.  For a list of Verizon FiOS stores in your area: http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/tv/fiostv/General+Support/Account+Issues/QuestionsOne/8...

5) The content of the TV packages vary slightly depending on customer demand and agreement with the network providers.  Some customers think there are too many channels; some say there needs to be more, especially local programming.  When you signed up for Verizon services, you either go with a 2-year agreement which locks your bundle price for 2 years, or month-to-month pricing.  If within the 2-year period you've found that you've lost a MAJOR channel that is a must-have for you (for example, Tennis channel, etc.), then try contacting customer service and seeing if they can do something for you (some sort of credit) to offset what you have lost.  I agree that if you pay for the same amount and you signed up for a price guarantee that you should not have a reduction in content.

0 Likes