I just got a Verizon message to change ingoing and outgoing ports if I use another e-mail client for security reasons. I use Incredimail and have been receiving several spam messages a day so thought I would try it. I changed both my servers to what was suggested and could get no e-mail at all. Good thing I wrote down the original ports so I could change back. As soon as I did the mail worked again. So why the bum steer?
Same deal here. I changed the ports last night. Since then I have been receiving email on my Outlook Express but have been unable to send any. I changed the port back to 25 and now I can send email. Any help?
I use Outlook and changed the incoming and outgoing ports as instructed and enabled the SSL encryptions and was unable to send or receive email also. I switched everything back but am fearful about what will happen going forward.
I did make the changes and after a few false starts all seems to be working on two computers I have. "I also needed to change my NOOK email but the SSL change did not seem to take effect. It still works though. Not sure what is happening there. Also concerned about my android phone that does not seem to offer the setting that were recommended. Verizon needs to provide more information as to when the change needs to be made. When will the old setting quit working and what platforms need to be changed. At first, I suspected this was a hoax or some kind of virus thing but since the message was also on the Verizon site I followed the instructions. I use OUTLOOK.
I think the Verizon mantra is that if it's not broken, keep messing with it until it is, or if it is broken, keep messing with it until it is even worse. I offer the email and the STB menus as evidence. Perhaps there is a third one -- if it's broken and diddling doesn't make it worse, stop so that it is not fixed by accident. I offer my Verizon DVR for evidence.
Not sure I changed my computers over using seamonkey and that all worked.
Changed my android atrix 4g phone over and it was working. That stopped today, changed back to the standard non ssl ports 110 and 25 and the phone now works again. I think they are still fiddling with this!