email Password Problems
Fortune488

Today starting at noon, I started having problems with my password going through. Kept getting a message that it didn't match the information Verizon had on file. Called support and they reset it for me and that got me on to my email. However, once I left the email page and tried to log on later, this new password was rejected too. I ended up calling support again, and again a new password was reset by the representative and again it worked until I tried to use it later. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON? At this point, I have no choice but to go through the whole "Change Your Password" process easch and every time I want to access my email. Just wondering if I'm the only one experiencing this problem.

0 Likes
Re: email Password Problems
technoguru17

I'm having the same problems with mail password (or connection to server) failing, just recently.  I know Verizon updated some security access control features to include more factors of authentication (picture, phrase, and security questions).  I think things may have broken after that, or when I updated my iOS on my iPhone.  I can connect to web mail, but my POP access to Apple Mail is failing, as is my iPhone mail client.

0 Likes
Fortune488

I experienced the password problems specifically with my PC but I think I've discovered what the issue was. TRY USING ONLY UPPER AND LOWER CASE LETTERS IN COMBINATION WITH NUMBERS TO CREATE PASSWORDS. DO NOT USE ANY SYMBOLS OR SPECIAL CHARACTERS OF ANY KIND. That seemed to do the trick for my PC. Not sure if it will solve the issues people are having with other devices.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please see Attachment

Do you presently have icons you created on your desktop ?

0 Likes