Re: email error message
cinderbloke1
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Karenrad wrote:

Same here - I got 5-6 of them. Just changed my password. Why isn't Verizon responding??

I contacted VZ CS this morning, described the issue, and pointed them to this thread. A supervisor called me back to suggest that I change my account password(s). After I spent more time detailing the content of the emails sent (ostensibly) by their system, he said he would escalate the issue and committed to getting back to me if/when they determine the cause of the issue. If he does, I plan to post their response here.

It's too bad VZ does not have an address to which we could forward suspect messages (as does VZW for spam text messages - which, BTW, seems to work to remarkable effect in curbing it) so they could dissect the full headers and content themselves.

h2ogram
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for letting us know. I thiink what bugs me the most is they always say "change your password". It is like DISH when they ALWAYS say - turn your dvr off and on when it is obvisouly something on their side. I used to do system test on datacom software and hardware This seems like such an obvious Verizon problem to me. Esp since I have not done anything to my password and the problem seems to have gone away now that you have spoken with them.They should have had error reports kicking out warnings all over the place.

cinderbloke1
Enthusiast - Level 2

@h2ogram wrote:

Thanks for letting us know. I thiink what bugs me the most is they always say "change your password". It is like DISH when they ALWAYS say - turn your dvr off and on when it is obvisouly something on their side. I used to do system test on datacom software and hardware This seems like such an obvious Verizon problem to me. Esp since I have not done anything to my password and the problem seems to have gone away now that you have spoken with them.They should have had error reports kicking out warnings all over the place.

In a previous life I did quite a bit of "involuntary" system/network troubleshooting, and was quite proficient in crashing buggy software (which was, pretty much, all there was). It was amazing how many times it would get silently fixed, but the response would come back from the developers as ... "problem came clear while testing - that is all". Smiley Wink

h2ogram
Enthusiast - Level 2

yeah or they would say it was a documentation error.  or a no op error! I am so ancient I used t work the mainframes. Thanks for the walk donw memory lane.

cinderbloke1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just as a quick follow up ... the VZ CS Supervisor did not call me back, as he promised he would, to let me know what the source of this error was. Since I've seen no further occurrences since, I suspect that it originated in their email system and has been corrected.

0 Likes