Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
THRTRBF

I believe I received my notification to migrate but then I lost it. How can I be sure? I don't want to lose everything in my email.   

0 Likes
Transition to AOL
JWehler1

Does anyone else hate AOL as much as I do? I wanted to keep my email address because I've used it everywhere. I liked Verizon Webmail - it was easily to understand and well-designed. AOL is strictly 3rd rate, uses tiny type, poor contrast between read and not real emails, user interface is beyond clunky, hard to read, no longer reachable through My Verizon. Is there now any reason to visit My Verizon more than maybe once a month. I think that, despite what the bean counters have advocated, Verizon has hurt its brand.

0 Likes
Re: Transition to AOL
JWehler1

And what's with the ridiculous process for using AOL on my mobile phone? Tell me again why I need to download ALTO. I still haven't done it. This is so confusing.

0 Likes
ronnie13

Still no real answer as to why they are getting out of the email business. I'm not only a client but also a stock holder. Let it be known that if I lose my email account, I will cancel my FIOS , regardless of me paying a huge termination of contract. 

I hope somehow that someone at FIOS can answer my concerns.

Ronnie1

0 Likes
james_marshall
Contributor - Level 1

THRTRBF

My experiencce was that I received two e-mails about 2 days apart.  Also, as soon as I got the first e-mail, there was a new "Important Message" welcome screen when I signed in at netmail.verizon.net.  The welcome screen has two links in the message, one to migrate to AOL, the other to go elsewhere.

j_m

0 Likes
THRTRBF

Thanks for the reply. That's the problem. After the first message disappeared I never received another one and when I go to Verizon messages and click on the link to migrate to AOL nothing happens, I just get answers to the most frequently asked questions. 

0 Likes
Verozon to stop e mail - Email rummor
DaphneMcc

How do I keep my Verizon email account active and working?

I heard on a radio show that Verizon is going to terminate email and email addresses.  

0 Likes
MeghansUncle2

Not only that, we're being foisted off to AOL's UNPAID ADD-ridden service.  If they're truly owned by verizon, we should have paid accounts, or we should be given a monthly credit ($25) to pay for up to 5 AOL ADD-Free accounts.  This is such a ripoff.

0 Likes
Verizon shutdown of Email Service
Rascal987

I just changed my POP email to AOL so I don't have to change my email address, which pleases me; thank you Verizon.  Now that Verizon is no longer providing email services to me as of this date 3/22/17, am I to expect a corresponding drop in my monthly charge?

0 Likes
Re: AOL switch
paeagles

I was worried about that - I reviewed the terms of service and sure enough, looks like a spam nightmare. I have had this account for years, but it is time to make a switch.  

0 Likes