Re: AOL email
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
verizon switches e mail to aol
le212

Thanks for all the advance notice-  SARCASM -  Is this even real or a cruel April fools day joke.   Or was I just scammed by a phisher?

0 Likes
Verizon getting out of email business -- do we pay less?
KenJackson1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is announcing that they will no longer run email at verizon.net, so I need to take action or lose it.  So they are no longer going to provide a service that I'm paying for.  Will I now pay less?

0 Likes
Discontinue of verizon.net EMAIL service
DJCollett1
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you are removing the verizon.net service from Verizon (shifting to AOL or whoever), why is there no corresponding reduction in our monthly fee? We get less but pay the same amount? NOT FAIR.

Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
jaynews
Enthusiast - Level 1
As of 04/02/17 I have not received any notice with regard to migration, and when I log on to webmail, I see no notice as well. I am actually a DSL customer, because FIOS isn't available in my area. When can I expect to receive the notice? Thanks. J.
0 Likes
Re: Change to Verizon.net E-Mail- AOL will replace Yahoo Mail?
lfkasper
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have yet to receive any notification at all regarding Verizon's discontinuation of its email service. I have phoned, posted to the Verizon FB page, but I get no definitive answers. I have been a Verizon customer for many years. This situation demonstrates a total disregard for the customers that have supported Verizon. Why can't I get any answers? I need to keep my email. If Verizon does not give me the support I need to migrate my email to Aol, they will lose me as a customer.

Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
weincsw
Enthusiast - Level 3

I received my notice 0n Mar 27.  Be patient.  You will get e-mail as well as a notice if you sign on to Webmail.  Migration was easy for me.

0 Likes
james_marshall
Contributor - Level 1

lfkasper,

As is noted in a number of the messages earlier in this thread, not everyone is getting the notice to migrate simultaneously.  This is a good idea IMHO because it means that for anyone who needs it, calls for support are spaced out rather than coming in a single wave.

My experience has been that the process is pretty smooth.  It took me about 30 minutes.  An upside of the switch is that the Aol spam filter seems to be working better than the VZN filter.

j_m

0 Likes
Todd412

As others posted, I have not received ANY notice via webmail or my Outlook configured access to email, which the latter is how I access VZ email.  

Folks are suggesting to migrate regards if you received the email from VZ or not.

Well, that would be nice BUT you cannot migrate without the notice and LINKs in that email. 

I already visited all the AOL pages and FAQ's and there is NO links to perform the process manually folks. Numerous postings on this forum say migrate without the notice, but can someone SIMPLY provide links to migrate with AOL??

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Todd412 wrote:

As others posted, I have not received ANY notice via webmail or my Outlook configured access to email, which the latter is how I access VZ email.  

Folks are suggesting to migrate regards if you received the email from VZ or not.

Well, that would be nice BUT you cannot migrate without the notice and LINKs in that email. 

I already visited all the AOL pages and FAQ's and there is NO links to perform the process manually folks. Numerous postings on this forum say migrate without the notice, but can someone SIMPLY provide links to migrate with AOL??

You do not need the links in the email.  But you cannot migrate until they are ready.  The links essentially point you at the VERIZON email page which then offers you links to the conversion or opt to other pages.

I haven't seen it confirmed or not IF Verizon/Yahoo email customers need to do anything.  They may already be on Yahoo rather then Verizon/AOL branded servers in the backend.

0 Likes