Re: AOL Mail ineffective and better solution is needed
tc1000
Enthusiast - Level 2

@johnnyzero2 wrote:

According to this help page:

Starting February 2017, Verizon will no longer provide verizon.net email service. Instead they will focus on providing their internet, TV and phone customers the best experience possible. Verizon has teamed up with AOL to provide verizon.net email customers with AOL Mail, an enhanced email experience.

Further, it states that:

When it is time for you to move your verizon.net mail to AOL Mail, you will be notified by an email from Verizon and messaging on webmail.verizon.com.

Prior to last week, the page listed the anticipated rollout date as "February 15. 2017", but now it's been changed to "February 2017".

Is there an way that I can manually initiate the migration to AOL Mail? I'd like to utilize AOL Mail's IMAP support for this account, and I'm kinda getting tired of waiting.

As a long time Verizon Fios customer and Verizon Stockholder I am outraged at the terrible service i have received from AOL.  I am ready to quit Verizon over the **bleep** that I have received from AOL cutting off my email service for over three (3) days!  I know why Verizon switched, but it shows a total disrespect for its customers to saddle us with this abusive and worthless excuse for an email product! 

0 Likes
Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
A-101
Enthusiast - Level 1

I still haven't rec'd the notice.  Could I have missed it?  I'm getting nervous. 

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You probably haven't missed it, I don't think they even reached halfway.

If you are a Verizon/Yahoo email user you are not being migrated at least at this time.

You can always logon to the webmail http://webmail.verizon.com and if you are ready to migrate it will offer you the options.

Re: Verizon Email Domain being discontinued?
godiva3ft

1.  Both Verizon and AOL are careful to say that there is no fee associated with migrating to AOL; however, neither say whether AOL charges a monthly fee for email service.  Is there a fee?

2.  Is Verizon lowering their internet service prices since they are no longer a full-service internet provider?

3.  Does AOL have a lower limit on how many emails can be sent, e.g., in a 24-hour period, per hour, or other specified time  and, if you send too many, are then shut down as punishment?

4.  Can anyone offer information on which company provides an email service that will not block your emails if they don't happen to like them?  AOL is very liberal and they block conservative emails as spam.

0 Likes
amich1

The server settings need to be changed if your using Live Mail.  See the FAQs for 3rd party programs.  I believe Live Mail is POP3 (mine was).  I hadn't set mine up right away, but actually needed to send an encrypted e-mail the other day and realized I couldn't do it on AOL.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@amich wrote:

The server settings need to be changed if your using Live Mail.  See the FAQs for 3rd party programs.  I believe Live Mail is POP3 (mine was).  I hadn't set mine up right away, but actually needed to send an encrypted e-mail the other day and realized I couldn't do it on AOL.

Actually no it doesn't.  The old settings work fine, and port 465 and ssl are recommended for privacy.  Note that they do allow unsecured 587 and I see they show that in their example, but to prevent eavesdropping you want to go secure.

0 Likes
Peanuts3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi. I still haven't received notification. I'm afraid I might have missed it. Are they still in the process of notifying accounts??  Is there some way to find out if I missed the notification?? Thank you.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Peanuts wrote:

Hi. I still haven't received notification. I'm afraid I might have missed it. Are they still in the process of notifying accounts??  Is there some way to find out if I missed the notification?? Thank you.

Note only are they not done, they will probably not be done this month and maybe not next month.  The dates people keep posting are the wave specific to those who have received notification.

Just logon to the webmail, and if you are ready to migrate it will tell you so.  http://webmail.verizon.com

0 Likes
New e-mail address
Insearchofemail

When I answered the request to continue to keep my Verizon e-mail address, did it also include the other members of my family too? This change to AOL is working about as well as the two parties in congress aren't.

0 Likes
Re: Migration from verizon.net to aol
gintere

I followed instructions to migrate from verizon.net email to AOL, and the AOL account set up successfully and is receiving email.  However, the current mailboxes, contacts list and calendar appointhments did NOT transfer over.  Wasn't this part of the deal?  Is it possible to get mail.aol.com via Outlook?  If so, how?

0 Likes