no access to verizon.net email from 3rd party clients
AJinNJ1
Enthusiast - Level 1

According to the crap AOL system/portal that verizon threw us on, third-party email clients require a separate, "App Password", and can no longer use the default AOL password on the account.  However, to generate that App Password, you have to use the Security page in your account.

The app generator has been broken for MONTHS and AOL doesn't seem to be wanting to fix it.  So anyone trying to configure a new PC or email client (Thunderbird, BlueMail, Outlook, Outlook for Windows, etc.) will not be able to do so.  You basically lose access to your verizon.net email unless you use the AOL garbage, webpage.

Verizon, you put us in this mess and you're obviously a Goliath in the tech world.  Can you PLEASE lean on AOL to fix this mess ASAP???

Re: no access to verizon.net email from 3rd party clients
PeteLind
Enthusiast - Level 2

Incredibly frustrating and seems to be no recourse. Everything was working fine for me for months and then breaks the other day. Can't generate new password. Ugh.

0 Likes
fbstuff

Anything new in regards to this issue?

Had my verizon email working properly on one laptop using Windows Live Mail using the AOL app password generator but couldn't get it to configure when setting it up on my new one.  Deleted that device from the AOL app password generator device settings thinking it might help to create a new one and quite the opposite happened. Now I can't even generate an app password at all. Hoping there will be a solution in the near future.

0 Likes
wsimpkin
Enthusiast - Level 1

AOL or Verizon, I don't care who, needs to fix the  generate a 3rd Party App password function?   I have been trying multiple time each day for a week!!

Ever since Verizon sold us out to AOL there has been issues!!

0 Likes