Re: not receiving email
Chalupes
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK so happy I found others with the same issue.  Everything was working fine and on Christmas eve, everything stopped my phone, my computer nothing gets email.  I log into AOL and it works just fine.  I have tried IMAP and POP settings and nothing is working.  Has anyone resolved this?

0 Likes
Fredd11
Enthusiast - Level 2

After several hours on AOL help phone lines and several password changes, i got transferred to a tech who knew what he was doing, although I needed to relinquish control of my screen to his remote computer to let him set up a new account. One issue was that an explicit SMTP prefix was now required for verizon.net for the outgoing email server (this was not explicitly required until these new changes  -many other issues too). Good luck dealing with AOL.

0 Likes
QuestorThews

My email stopped syncing on my Samsung android phone on Jan 3rd. Coincidentally my MyFios app updated that same day although I don't think that caused the problem since a rollback and reinstall of the update didn't fix the issue.  Deleted my email account from my phone and have tried to re set up manually using Verizon pop and smtp settings but keep getting an error that there is no response from the incoming Verizon server. Today I tried setting up an AOL email account from the phone's preset options and input my Verizon email address and password and everything popped up and is syncing normally now.   I would suggest stop trying to manually setup a true pop3 Verizon account and use the AOL preset option if available. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon.net Email Login Issue
retiredoldman

I only have log-in problem with my android phone. The account on the iPad and PC still works. If I generate an app-password to log onto the android phone, will I have to re-log into my PC and iPad with the app-password? Or does the old password still work on those devices?

0 Likes
retiredoldman

I have tried 3 times generating an app password to log in with on my android phone outlook.  I tried creating passwords for outlook for android outlook.  I tried with the spaces as shown and without the spaces.  Nothing works. 

0 Likes
jeffl19751

Amu update on this. I am having same issue as well

0 Likes
MDFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like the dreaded AOL "security" has hit my devices. However, trying to access my Verizon email this morning failed on all devices:

HP computer using Outlook

Samsung Galaxy S10 5G using Gmail app

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using Gmail app

I followed the directions to create a one time app password for my tablet and phone which failed. I generated several one time passwords but all failed.

I created a one time app password for my computer and immediately downloaded email. However, once I tried to send an email the send feature failed due to password. I went back to the AOL security page, deleted the Outlook password and generated another one. This time I put the AOL app password in both incoming and outgoing fields. Still fails.

0 Likes
martinb0820
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have multiple email accounts at AOL in the verizon.net domain. They have worked fine for years with both Outlook on Windows 10 and BlueMail under Android.

Today, one of the accounts at AOL began rejecting logins, with Outlook reporting 0x800CCC92 and BlueMail failing silently.

The other account works.

I've Googled this, and anything specific to Outlook (e.g. too large a .pst file) is pretty much ruled out, since AOL is rejecting both clients.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Fredd11
Enthusiast - Level 2
Password issues appear to be the main source of problems like this. My old password was still accepted when I logged in on the AOL website but was being rejected on my 3rd party (Apple mail) app, even though it had worked for years prior to this month. Going online through AOL security settings and asking to generate a new password will be necessary. Copy and paste that password into your new 3rd party email account setup should get you back your desktop email. Terrible communications from AOL on the need to do this, especially when being spammed daily with phishing emails regarding phony announcements about AOL email account changes.
0 Likes
Cody195

Can you share the "explicit SMTP prefix?"  I have 2 Verizon (AOL) email accounts.  One is working fine.  The other is working on my PC but, suddenly yesterday,  not on my 2021 iPad Pro.  I restarted the iPad.  I deleted the email account and reentered it.  I reentered with the non-manual AOL option. I got an assortment of pop-up messages, e.g., cannot send mail user's name or password is incorrect; sender's address was invalid; IMAP server pop.verizon.net is not responding.  After spending the day trying things and being crazy with this, incoming mail started to work, not in response to anything I did!  But outgoing is still not working:  "The connection to the outgoing server 'SMTP' failed."  Is there any way to reconfigure the SMTP to make it work?  Or if I was stupid enough not to change my Verizon email when it became AOL, then I either have patience until it "fixes itself" or I go through the laborious process of notifying all contacts that my email has changed.  Suggestions for : 1) best way to contact an actual AOL person for help; and 2) best email provider to switch to?

0 Likes