Re: notification to change email settings- THUNDERBIRD Issues
NancyL2

THANK YOU! Very helpful especially with pictures. The only thing I cannot figure out is how to make 995 my default Port. If I change the Security Setting, the Port changes back to 110 Default. Perhaps my computer technician has set Thunderbird so I cannot access it? I cannot get emails to my 2 subaccounts even after time spent on phone with technical supporter in India. I was getting emails on all 3 accounts, then later I stopped receiving emails to 2 subaccounts. No idea why. Frustrating!

0 Likes
scififan2
Contributor - Level 1

You need to change each subaccount just as you would the main account. The changes do not propagate to the sub accounts.

Have you tried selecting the security setting first and then entering the port number you want into the box next to where it says "default"?

0 Likes
NancyL2

Yes, changes were made to main account and 2 subaccounts.

Yes, changed security settings then port number.

All settings as Verizon instructed, but 2 subaccounts not receiving mail. I am receiving emails on my iPhone from the one subaccount linked to my iPhone, but not receving on my desktop computer.

0 Likes
scififan2
Contributor - Level 1

I am so sorry that I cannot help you! I hope someone else here can!

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@NancyL wrote:

THANK YOU! Very helpful especially with pictures. The only thing I cannot figure out is how to make 995 my default Port. If I change the Security Setting, the Port changes back to 110 Default. Perhaps my computer technician has set Thunderbird so I cannot access it? I cannot get emails to my 2 subaccounts even after time spent on phone with technical supporter in India. I was getting emails on all 3 accounts, then later I stopped receiving emails to 2 subaccounts. No idea why. Frustrating!

Every time you change the security it automatically changes the port.  I believe that Thunderbird will actually change the port to the correct port, when you change the security.  The port 995 for SSL is actually the standard ports.  Are you sure you have SSL set when it changes to port 110 (the standard port for unsecured POP3).

0 Likes
Kayver

I had similar issues with Thunderbird when I had to change the port settings to support SSL. I'm posting here in the hopes it will help someone else. The solution for me turned out to be the firewall settings in my Westell 7500 router. I had it set to maximum security. When I changed it to minimum security, Thunderbird email worked with the new settings.

Not only did Thunderbird work, my Android tablet using wifi from the Westell router accepted the settings when it wouldn't before.

0 Likes
groucho8941

I changed the settings (my date on one account is June 2 and the other June 9) and I could receive email just fine but couldn't send email. Had to change the outgoing server back to the original settings to send email. This is with Mac Mail.

I remember a couple of years back they had people change the settings and they didn't work and everyone had to go back to the original settings. Could be the same thing all over again.

0 Likes