suddenly stopped receiving verizon email therough my pop 3 account in outlook.com
Debrun

Since 2/8, my pop 3 server in outlook suddenly stopped receiving my verizon emails..

Did the ingoing and outgoing server addresses for pop3 account change from Pop.verizon 995 and Stmp.verizon 465 ?

I noticed many people are having the same issue when I looked at the outlook forum.

I would apprreciate some assistance.

0 Likes
Re: suddenly stopped receiving verizon email therough my pop 3 account in outlook.com
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Double check what ID you have for receive.  I believe it now has to be youruserid@verizon.net  .  Probably all symptons of the switchever to AOL servers.

0 Likes
Re: suddenly stopped receiving verizon email therough my pop 3 account in outlook.com
Debrun

This does not work. I am still having the same problem.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

How are you accessing outlook.com.  A email app like the windows 8 Maill?  Web access?  If an app which one and version.

Remember you are talking peer to peer.  Verizon support is elsewhere. 

0 Likes
Debrun

outlook.com, web access. no apps

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Note they changed the actual server names (or maybe are using different machines) although they have aliases in DNS to them.  Not sure how this effects outlook.com.

1)   Make sure you logon to Webmail.verizon.com.  If there is a pending switch over you will have trouble until you go there and complete the AOL switchover steps.

2)  Double check the userid.  In some cases you now need the fully qualified name (userid@verizon.net)

3) Yahoo users reported additional problems.  Not sure if that has been fixed.

4)  You MAY have to do your definitions over in outlook.com.  Possibly it is still looking at old servers.

You are talking  to peers here.  If you find a solution that works please let us know so it can be passed on to others.

0 Likes
maranyc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem.

When it became difficult/impossible to access verizon email when traveling outside the US, I read somewhere on this forum about forwarding, not sure if that's the right term, verizon email to hotmail.  This worked for over a year until a couple of weeks ago....

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Again check directly on Webmail.  If you have been switched over to Aol, all bets are off on fowarding.  You would have to see if AOL has a forwarding setting.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@tns_2 wrote:

Again check directly on Webmail.  If you have been switched over to Aol, all bets are off on fowarding.  You would have to see if AOL has a forwarding setting.

Yes, AOL Mail does have forwarding. I have not tried it, but the setting is there.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
helloimage

Fixed my POP mail on my iphone by deleting the account and only using my username (without @verizon.net)  The iphone app automatically chose port 587 for smtp and 995 for POP.  Hope that helps.

0 Likes