When Verizon was teamed with MSN, I could receive my verizon email as a pop3 email on my MSN account. I now have MSN premium but, now I can receive my Verizon pop3 email but I can not sent email from MSN. I get an error message 0x85b20001. Any idea what this error code means?
If I read your description correctly, you can get your Verizon email via POP3 but not send it within MSN's browser. This may simply be a settings issue or it could be something greater. The settings for Verizon's servers are as follows:
- Incoming mail server (POP3😞 incoming.verizon.net
- Incoming Server Port Numbers: 995
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP😞 outgoing.verizon.net
- Outgoing Server Port Numbers: 465
- Your Verizon Online user name
- Your Verizon Online password
- Make sure "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" is checked.
If your MSN settings (for external POP3/SMTP) accounts reflects this properly you may need to reach out to MSN Premium support to investigate the software further.
Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.